Help with flashing Y410P bios. Error 104

Jason335i

I'm trying to flash svl7's latest Y410P bios to my machine. All I really need is the white list so I can install my Centrino AC7260 card. Anything extra is just a bonus.

I've downloaded and flashed the stock Lenovo 3.05 bios, downloaded FPTW64, and run it from an Admin command prompt. It returns "Error 104: The 2 SPI flash devices do not have compatible command sets."

I've since flashed to the stock Lenovo 2.07 bios and tried to make a backup of that. I get the exact same error. I've attached a sccreengrab of the error.

post-25331-1449499820418_thumb.jpg

Using the either of the above 104 fix fparts... "Error 51: An attempt was made to read beyond the end of flash memory".

I don't get it. What's unique about my laptop?

post-25331-14494998204564_thumb.jpg

Trying other things... I installed the intel chipset drivers from the Lenovo support page and reflashed the stock V3.05 bios. I also enabeled backflash. I still get that damned 104 error. The only anti virus I run is Windows Defender, and I've tried disabling that.

I had purchased a TP Link Archer C7 v2, which ended up being a waste of time. The router frequently disconnected from WAN. Exchanged that for a Netgear R6300 v2 that I'm so far super happy with. I'm still not able to backup my Bios so I can remove the whitelist to install my AC7260.

• 2 weeks later...
I am curious on how you resolved this since I am getting the same error. I tried searching the forums but I didn't find a resolution.
This is the answer I got from SVL7 "Open the fparts.txt file and go to the line that starts with EN25QH32 and change the entry that says 0x60 to 0xc7, save it and try again, should work." Yours might possibly be different.