Does lenovo y-510p Supports 2133Mhz Ram ?

Shivanshu_1

intel website says max ram supported for i7-4700mq is 32GB DDR3L 1333,1600 .

Its nowhere mentioned 1866 or 2133 support

Please post some working 1866 Pics

Kind regards

Even if motherboard would support it, 4700mq would not. As so, buying 1866 is useless with 4700mq.

That makes no sense. If the ram is running at 1866 then everything will benefit from the increased speed. I will take a screen shot when I get home.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6372/memory-performance-16gb-ddr31333-to-ddr32400-on-ivy-bridge-igp-with-gskill

Even if motherboard would support it, 4700mq would not. As so, buying 1866 is useless with 4700mq.

And how much increase does DDR3-1866 give you, 0.5 FPS at most? Seems like a poor investment from price/performance standpoint. :D

Anyway, Intel's iGPU's aren't fast enough to gain much benefit from faster RAM, especially a bump as small as 1600 to 1866. With Kaveri, though, I can understand since it's more bandwidth bound and can really benefit from fast RAM, especially if you can OC the memory controller.

I never said it made a huge difference. I bought the ram for a different purpose but it wasn't compatible so I switched it with the ram that came stock in the Y510p. Here is my screen shots:

Varroa, are those gskill?

Btw, have you tried putting 2x 16GB RAM by any chance?

As so, it confirms that y510p RAM can be put and runs at 1866 in dual channel because motherboard and chip support it. The question is - does that mean that all communication channels between 4700mq CPU through dice/motherboard up to RAM itself support this and are running at this speed really? In other words, is there a way to know if bus is bottlenecking in this case or not ?

If you use RAM with auto-overclock, it should work with it. The CPU is "max" 1600 but it can be overclocked by something like Corsair Vengeance. I have faster sticks in mine and it works, there's no BIOS issue or anything.

Yes, but mainly is there a speed difference 1600 vs 1866 - if bus between cpu and ram support it, there should be a notable difference in performance.