Weed is being legalized in US ?

Michael

• Founder

Ron Paul and Barney Frank Propose Landmark Pot Legislation - Law Blog - WSJ

"The legislation proposes limiting the federal government’s role in marijuana enforcement to cross-border or interstate smuggling, allowing people to legally grow, use or sell marijuana in states that permit it.Under the law, states would also be free to tax the drug, according to a press release from advocacy groups that was confirmed by Frank’s office, WSJ reports."

It's about time i say!

• Thumbs Up 3

Hey where do I sign lol... it's about time... there are so many bad things out there hurting everyone like drunk driving and heavy drugs... the green stuff has never been and will never be a threat to society. Scenario... couple friends get in car and are driving under the influence of weed... "hey your going to fast we just blazed by that snail... (speedometer reads 5mph)" See my point worst case scenario we have a bunch of people with the munchies laughing their a$$es off!

• Thumbs Up 4

Lol iloveboobs that's funny what a good idea I'm sure snacks will triple in sales too lol. They need to legalize it so crime goes down... If everyone smoked the stuff... We wouldn't see so much crime!

There was a popular intiative (hope that's the correct English term... it's an essential part of the Swiss democracy) about legalizing weed, everyone eligible to vote was allowed to say "yes" or "no"... and guess what happend?

...epic fail!

• 2 weeks later...
weed better get legalized soon, just bought me 10k worth of dorito's chips stock. that shit is gonna blow up once weed is legal.

LOOOL! That's funny. Cheetos might be better though. :P

• 4 weeks later...
Hey where do I sign lol... it's about time... there are so many bad things out there hurting everyone like drunk driving and heavy drugs... the green stuff has never been and will never be a threat to society. Scenario... couple friends get in car and are driving under the influence of weed... "hey your going to fast we just blazed by that snail... (speedometer reads 5mph)" See my point worst case scenario we have a bunch of people with the munchies laughing their a$$es off!

I would say it's less about the effects and more about the state government(s) ability(or lack of an ability) to standardize and regulate an industry that has been involved with continental-wide orginized crime for decades, and has a generally unfavorable standing with the general public that do not use it.

what does everyone honestly expect will happen after it's legalized and states(bankrupt states...) have to make up their own regulatory policys and enforce them against threats that the federal goverment hasen't even been able to vanquish? If you said you're still going to Jimmy for your stuff every other day, he'll just have a CC machine and give you a receipt with 10% sales tax, I would say that's a fantasy.

Edited by G8GT

I would say it's less about the effects and more about the governments ability(or lack of an ability) to standardize and regulate an industry that has been involved with orginized crime for decades, and has a generally unfavorable standing with the general public that do not use it.what does everyone honestly expect will happen after it's legalized?
your right the criminal aspects of it are definitely working against it, the inability of the government to standardize is just an example of how the government gets in the way of growth of society. No one that has used it wants to push it on others. The fact that it is a crime is the way the government already collects capital on the marijuana... So the US makes money off of crime and drugs... since it can't tax it like cigarettes. There are thousands of strains of marijuana and it is not made synthetically so it still doesn't have the dangers that synthetic man made drugs like heroin, cocaine, meth, and others have associated with them. So I am agreeing but lamenting how its the government getting in the way of itself that is the biggest issue here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
@iloveb00bs its so pretty he he. I'd love to join you and Brian and anyone else in Cali someday. I got an Uncle out there as an excuse to go out there. Better than I imagined lol all those chambers...

yeah i love it!!! so smooth its amazing!!! once my vaporizer comes i'll prolly convert the bubbler to a hash/wax setup. made a pre-order for this one, hopefully get it by x-mas. i'm converting over to vaping, hehehe

this is the new vap i'm looking at: http://www.vapexhale.com/

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

vaping is much more healthier for you, you get the high without the harmful side effects since your not really burning anything. with a second kid on the way i'm starting to think about my health more :). the high u feel is alittle different too, more heady. i've been staying away from paper, like joints and blunts for a long time already. still enjoy bongs hits when i really wanna get f'd up.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
weed better get legalized soon, just bought me 10k worth of dorito's chips stock. that shit is gonna blow up once weed is legal.

10k man i have had 80k worth sitting in my bomb shelter waiting for a zombie apocalypse...

Weed becomes legal im going to gain about 200 pounds.