[GUIDE] DSDT override to fix error 12

hello someone please help me have a book samsung conn 2 and when I put 8gb ram 2x4 my notebook gets black screen with on the egpu with the boot the notebook but when put only 2gb of ram it works standard can someone help me? samsung conn book 2 intel core i3 gtx 750 2gb you

Toshiba Satellite P775-S7148  DSDT Over ride Victory!

Computer:
Toshiba Satellite P775-S7148, Part Number:  PBSY1U-06S01W
Intel (R) Core(TM) i7-2640M CPU @ 2.80GHZ  (original was i5-2450M)
HM65, Sandy Bridge
RAM 8.00 GB
Windows
  7 Home  Premium, SP1, 64-Bit
Intel® HD3000 Graphics Family

I'm a complete noob, really had no idea what the heck I was doing, however I followed Angerthosenear's Guide and managed to pull it off.  This required "alot" of reading, trial, and error.  

Noob advice from a Noob.

1.  Backup your files and make sure you have a boot disc ready.  (Plan for the worst, hope for the best.)

2.  First thing I did was create two folders on the desktop to place the DSDT editor etc into, but discovered later this all needs to be done inside the same folder, that's how I got it to work.   

3.  Downloaded  DSDTEditor-Linux-Mac-Win.7z' here  DSDTEditor-Linux-Mac-Win.7z (contains the editor I used) and this file 2570P-dsdt-override (contains the ASL program I used)

4.  Using WinRAR I extracted the contents of both downloads mentioned above into the new folders I created.

5.  I moved the "ASL Application", "Load Application", and "Unload application" files from the 2570P-dsdt-override-zip folder into the folder with the DSDT Editor contents.

6.  Meat and Potatoes:

A. Extracting the DSDT.Bat File using the Editor: 
          1.  Open up the file containing the DSDT Editor, double click on the file called "DSDT Parser" (it's the executable Jar file) This is a Java file so you need to have Java installed.

2.  When the program opens, top Left and hover over "File" drop down menu opens click on "Extract DSDT"
          3.  Now you will see both left and right panes populated with the contents of your DSDT file.  Which I believe is just the .bat file until you save it as a .DSL file.
     B.  Add Qword Memory code:
          1.  On the Left hand Pane up at the top of the tree look for "Device PCIO" and click on it.  You'll notice the information in right hand pane moves down to correspond to your selection. 

2.  Scroll down until you see the DWord Memory information and go all the way down to the last DWord Memory entry. 

3.  Copy the below code from the main page or from below and past below the last DWord memory entry.  The Editor shorta works like Word/notepad.

QWordMemory (ResourceProducer, PosDecode, MinFixed, MaxFixed, Cacheable, ReadWrite,

0x0000000000000000, // Granularity

0x0000000C20000000, // Range Minimum, set it to 48.5GB

0x0000000E0FFFFFFF, // Range Maximum, set it to 56.25GB
       0x0000000000000000, // Translation Offset

0x00000001F0000000, // Length calculated by Range Max - Range Min.

,, , AddressRangeMemory, TypeStatic)

C. Compiling and Errors
        1.  At the top of the Menu bar click on "IASL" then select "Compile" 
        2.  The program is going to do some Compiling Stuff and present you with pop up window that contains a table of Errors, Warnings, Remarks.
        3.  If you've done some research and made it this far, Errors need to be fixed, Warnings and Remarks not necessarily required but most do their best to get them corrected.

4.  The popup window has a "Fix Error" button, I hammered on it a couple of times until it didn't fix anything else and was left with 3 Errors, 3 Warnings, and a heard of Remarks.
        5.  I had to do alot of Google searches, to solve the errors and Remarks. I never got a warm and fuzzy feeling about the warnings so I left them as is. Seriously this took some time for me because I don't know squat about coding.
        6.  Next I saved file as "DSDToverride.dsl into same folder as the editor and other files.  Leave it as a .DSL file type until you have the errors fixed.
     D.  Preparing the DSDT for Upload.
        1. Once your satisfied with the file, stomach churning, assuming you have the DSDT.DSL file open in the Editor Program.

2. Click on 'IASL" click Compile, then click "Save AML as" (This is going to convert your DSDT.DSL file into a .AML File, don't worry your .DSL file will remain)
        3. You want to save your DSDT.AML you just created inside the Editor Folder with the other program contents. (Your file name will probably change from whatever you called it to DSDT.AML when you save, mine did.)
     E. Loading the DSDT.AML file into your computer's memory
        1.  Open up your Command prompt, (I did all this from my Administrator Login)
        2.  Mine opens up with:  C:\Users\Administrator
        3.  My editor file was located on my desktop so I navigated to the desktop and DSDT editor Folder ( after Administrator>CD Desktop\DSDT Editor (hit enter)

4.  Caution, your about to upload your DSDT file, so no turning back from here.  Make sure your ready for the worst.

5.  Type:   asl /loadtable dsdt.aml (hit enter)
        6.  I got a response that it successfully loaded.

F.  Reboot
        1.  Closed all programs and turnoff your computer

2.  Cross your fingers and restart
        3.  Fortunately mine fired right up with no issues and now I have this:

2016-10-08_17-00-51.jpg

Lessons learned:

The errors etc. reported by IASL compiler built into the DSDT editor didn't match what the stand alone IASL compiler was reporting,  Angerthosenear's guide mentioned compiling the DSDT.DSL file pulled from the editor with a separate IASL complier.  I tried this and produced a whole set of new errors in what I had thought was an error free DSDT.   Instead of spending even more time attempting to correct those errors I decided to use DSDT complied by the IASL from the DSDT Editor as mentioned above.  Your Mileage vary, Good Luck!

Big thanks to all the people that have left so much valuable information,  Thanks!  I hope this helps the new folks trying to wrap their minds around this as I was.  (Still trying) Lol.

Cheers! 

Edited by hercfixer

On 10/7/2016 at 7:15 AM, EdwardEnglish said:

Hi guys,

I just realised there is a parallel thread going on. You can look here for my questions (page 6 at the end) but I will sum up my situation, hopefully you are able to help.

My setup:

• Dell Vostro 131
  • Intel Core i5 2450M, HD3000 iGPU,
  • 8 Gbyte RAM
  • Windows 7 x64 fresh install fully updated
  • EXP GDC V8 external PCIe and Beast Adapter
  • NVidia Geforce 750ti and AC/DC PSU 75W (no ATX PSU!)
  • external Full-HD Display via DVI-connection

My efforts:

• updated BIOS to current version and searched all options, there is nothing PCIe related; I can only change boot priority and disable stuff like USB-plugs, camera, microphone and so on
  • opened the notebook case to extract wifi-card, plugged the beast adapter to pci-e port (by the way: I acutally have two pci-e slots because I had a 3G-Module installed, when using that port the 750ti did not get recognized at all)
  • launched the notebook -> 750ti got recognized (at wifi's pcie slot) instantly but ran into error 12 (not enough resources); now I go online with network cable
  • did the dsdt-modifying so I could get a Large Memory -> successfully
  • when I launch with eGPU connected I get blue screen at windows logo, when I boot without eGPU I can reach desktop but I see no way to make windows7 recognize the eGPU (going to sleep and hotplugging did not work, nothing happens); hotplugging during live session makes my laptop screen turn light blue (no blue screen)
  • tried to modify the dsdt-table some more like here https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/5874-guide-dsdt-override-to-fix-error-12/&do=findComment&comment=93244 but it has no effect for me - I can only boot without eGPU connected - Large Memory still available
  • enabled / disabled TESTSIGNING -> no difference
  • pressing F8 during boot doesn't help, plugging in the eGPU during boot at different times doesn't help (blue screen / black screen
  • enabled hardware delay at EXP GDC board - there is a little switch for 7s/15s delay - made no difference, the fan turned on right from the start

My remaining hopes (as soon as I find time)

• will try to load some dsdt tables from the internet - dell related - maybe I get lucky and one does the trick
  • will try to plug in wifi card again, boot, go to sleep, and exchange it for eGPU (it is very inconvenient because I have to rip the whole notebook apart again)
  • will try to acquire Setup 1.3 and look whats possible (altough I am unsure if it is actually related to my problem)

Guys, do you have any more ideas for me? :) thank you!

When you created your DSDT file (the .AML file) did it say you had any errors? Errors are really bad. You can ignore the warnings, but your DSDT file needs to be error-free otherwise it won’t work properly and it could be why you get the BSOD on booting to Windows. The guides on here are confusing and there are mistakes here and there (not to be ungrateful for the time people have put into making them I’m just making an observation). I managed to create a DSDT file that boots to Windows without issue even with the eGPU plugged in. I wrote some notes and the commands I used to create the file and if you like I can PM you the details? It took me about 20 hours to finally get a fully working DSDT file. I would just give you the DSDT file, but my machine is a Lenovo T530.

In the eGPU Setup 1.30 you can configure a DSDT substitution, so instead of you having to overwrite your registry with the DSDT file it temporarily applies the DSDT file (until you reboot the machine). However, you need to get the DSDT file working before you start fiddling with around with eGPU Setup 1.30. 

Regards,

gooch

Edited by goochmonster

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have been trying to do the DSDT override with eGPU Setup 1.30, and it's not working. I used Tech Inferno Fan's method with Setup 1.30 and pt MEM writefromfile 1 [address] dsdt.aml because when i was testing with the asl /loadtable dsdt.aml would give me a bluescreen, and I would have to do the windows setup repair or whatever, and it took forever.

When I do the command in the DOS screen of Setup 1.30, then chainload, at the Windows Boot Manager screen (Where you pick yous OS or Setup 1.30) gets frozen and won't boot. I talked to Tech Inferno Fan and he said that was because the DSDT override wasn't working properly. When i compiled the DSDT.dsl file to the DSDT.aml file, there were no errors and only warnings.

My specs are:

Windows 7 Professional

HP Elitebook 8460p

Gigabyte GTX 970 (Trying to get it working over Expresscard slot)

DIY eGPU Setup 1.30

If i could send the file to anyone for them to check that I added the QWord part correctly, or think I did something wrong, just tell me.

Thanks,

RubbaBoy

• 3 weeks later...

Today the Razer Core was delivered and I went on with the DSDT method. It works, my GTX 1070 is recognized and works fine. What I don't like is that Windows is in "test mode" which makes booting *very* slow and I'm unable to play a game because anti-cheat software tells me to disable "test mode".

Am I missing something or is this indeed expected behavior?

9 hours ago, Cybex said:

Today the Razer Core was delivered and I went on with the DSDT method. It works, my GTX 1070 is recognized and works fine. What I don't like is that Windows is in "test mode" which makes booting *very* slow and I'm unable to play a game because anti-cheat software tells me to disable "test mode".

Am I missing something or is this indeed expected behavior?

Yes, for example dayZ anticheat. DSDT substitution with Setup1.3 allows you to do win7 style override (no testsigning required).

Hello, I really need some help with this whole overriding thing. I got to the point where I get my dsdt, but the syntax seems a bit different from what other people see. I already have a QWordMemory paragraph attached, and in the device manager, there is already a Large Memory there, but the funny thing is that the memory address doesn't match up. I tried editing the paragraph to 

0x0000000C20000000, // Range Minimum,  set it to 48.5GB
   0x0000000E0FFFFFFF, // Range Maximum,  set it to 56.25GB

and compile(with a lot of errors forcefully solved) -> loadtable blahblah but it didn't work.

Then I tried pasting the whole 

QWordMemory (ResourceProducer, PosDecode, MinFixed, MaxFixed, Cacheable, ReadWrite,
   0x0000000C20000000, // Range Minimum,  set it to 48.5GB
   0x0000000E0FFFFFFF, // Range Maximum,  set it to 56.25GB
   ,, , AddressRangeMemory, TypeStatic)

after the qwordmemory I already have, and tried loading it but it corrupted my windows and I had to flush the Cdrive and reinstall windows. I don't want to repeat that, so any help would be appreciated. I have setup 1.30, and had no luck with it also. My system specs are

MSI GE 60

Intel i-3630QM 2.5GHz(or 2.4 I don't remember)

GPU : Intel 4000hd / Nvidia GTX 660M

16G RAM

egpu : Nvidia Geforce 1060 6G

dsdt.PNG

dsdt2.PNG

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, pleasse can you help me, i have only one error, but i dont know what to do, others errors i solved.

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL+ Optimizing Compiler version 20141107-32 [Nov  7 2014]
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2014 Intel Corporation

Compiler aborting due to parser-detected syntax error(s)
dsdt.dsl  28631:
Error    6126 - syntax error, unexpected $end and premature End-Of-File

ASL Input:     dsdt.dsl - 28631 lines, 927529 bytes, 11486 keywords

Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

i ma trying connect external gpu to my HP 8460p and i have problem with error 12, so i tryed DSDT, but i have this one error and i dont know, how to fix it :-(, please, can you help me?

There is my dsdt.dsl file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8dsWTfZrQwCSjhDbThBWXUxQTg

On 1/6/2017 at 9:54 PM, shiftercz said:

Hi guys, pleasse can you help me, i have only one error, but i dont know what to do, others errors i solved.

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL+ Optimizing Compiler version 20141107-32 [Nov  7 2014]
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2014 Intel Corporation

Compiler aborting due to parser-detected syntax error(s)
dsdt.dsl  28631:
Error    6126 - syntax error, unexpected $end and premature End-Of-File

ASL Input:     dsdt.dsl - 28631 lines, 927529 bytes, 11486 keywords

Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

i ma trying connect external gpu to my HP 8460p and i have problem with error 12, so i tryed DSDT, but i have this one error and i dont know, how to fix it :-(, please, can you help me?

There is my dsdt.dsl file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8dsWTfZrQwCSjhDbThBWXUxQTg

Try to extract you dsdt table with aida64 engineering free trial.

• 3 weeks later...
On December 16, 2015 at 9:13 AM, blowntaha said:

First, specs:

Model: HP Pavilion dm4-1009tx

CPU: i5-430m GPU: gtx 970 via PE4C-mPCI

eGPU: Have to boot with a wifi card, put windows to sleep, and then hotplug egpu due to whitelist.

RAM: 2 GB TRYING to get 8 GB since that's the max this old cpu can support..

After (several) successful DSDT overrides, I still get error 12. When I say successful, that means I added the QWordMemory entry in the correct location, compiled with few errors and then doing the override after some minor debugging. Tried different versions of iasl, with/without egpu connected as well as both x86 and x64 java versions. I did this about 5 times and still get the error.. Could not find sufficient solutions searching, or maybe im just bad at searching =d does anyone have an idea or a viable solution? thanks

I have the same laptop! Did you get everything to work??

I don't know anything about programming and I fear that I will mess something up if I attempt this DSDT override. Is there anyone willing to help me perform this on my laptop? I have everything hooked up correctly and all the correct drivers installed to run my graphics card but I still get the dreaded (Code 12) error. I'm assuming this override as well as some other set up I found on here (link at the bottom) is the only solution? But it all looks like a completely different language lol Please someone help :logik:

I have a toshiba satellite laptop with Windows 10 Pro 64, Intel HM55 motherboard, core i7 cpu, 16g ram, with nvidia 310m dgpu. I am setting up a new external gpu using the PE4C-EC v3.0 interface, with 730 watt psu from an older system. The new gpu is MSI geforce 1060 gtx (gaming) with 6g RAM. The large memory is present and has no problems.

My question is: The graphics card has 6g of ram so does that mean that i need to set aside that much for the large memory?

I am using EGPU 1.30, RW Everything and DSDT Editor. I have compiled the DSDT per the instructions at the beginning of this thread several times. I used the same space (2g right?) for my large memory as the op used in the demonstration . The compile resulted in a 0 error, 0 warning dsdt.dat. I uploaded the resulting aml file with no problem. I can run the compaction with success using the 56g end point in 36 bit space. However, my status window in egpu 1.3 shows:

tolud: n/a

dsdt: no

using devcon_txt: yes 

pciw: yes

all-alloc: yes [128 mb]

this is the relevant section of the pcidmpw.txt i ran from the egpu 1.3 diagnostics.

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C03&SUBSYS_32811462&REV_A1\4&20119B3C&0&00E2
    Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    Device has no resources reserved.

but this is the pci map... which clearly shows resources being used.

PCI bios found, version 03.00, last bus # 1f
codes:
n\p: (not) prefetchable, r\R: ROM ((dis\EN)abled), i: IO space
   start      end c bus device fun bar venid devid classcode
0000000c 0000000d i  0c     00   0   4  10de  1c03    030000 display
00002000 0000207f i  0c     00   0   5  10de  1c03    030000 display
00000000 0fffffff p  0c     00   0   1  10de  1c03    030000 display
00000000 0000000f p  0c     00   0   2  10de  1c03    030000 display
00000000 0007ffff r  0c     00   0   8  10de  1c03    030000 display
fd000000 fdffffff n  0c     00   0   0  10de  1c03    030000 display
fe000000 ffffffff p  0c     00   0   3  10de  1c03    030000 display

when i chainload i get a black screen and have to force a shut down. I have tried every possible combination of compaction (both dgpu/egpu, just egpu, ignoring dgpu, etc.) When i do not chainload, the 310m works, but the 1060 still has the code 43. When i chainload and do get past the black screen both of the nvidia graphics cards are on the bus/in device manager, but they both show an error code 43. I even tried uninstalling the 310m and installing only the 1060 but even alone the egpu has code 43. I am trying to figure out why it shows up in device manager but will not get past this error. I have tried at least a dozen driver releases. is there something that i'm missing? I have been trying different things for 2 months now. I give up.

I hope someone can tell where i have gone wrong.

I should add that i was trying to use the dsdt replace method, but the new table is the tiniest bit larger than the previous table since i added the declaration for the large memory. Should i use it anyway?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2017 at 1:41 PM, Roxus said:

I don't know anything about programming and I fear that I will mess something up if I attempt this DSDT override. Is there anyone willing to help me perform this on my laptop? I have everything hooked up correctly and all the correct drivers installed to run my graphics card but I still get the dreaded (Code 12) error. I'm assuming this override as well as some other set up I found on here (link at the bottom) is the only solution? But it all looks like a completely different language lol Please someone help :logik:

It's been a while since I used that laptop, but I think what I did to get it working was to disable the iGPU in device manager in windows, then reboot and go into BIOS and set Primary Display to auto, and Always Enable PEG to enable/on. I don't think I even did a DSDT override for that model, might be wrong. You might get a yellow bang in device manager under iGPU once your eGPU starts working, but nothing to be alarmed over.

Hi someone perhaps can answer my question. I've been happily running my egpu setup for some months - MBP-TB-15in with Razer Core + GTX 1080. However I want to disable windows test mode, which was required to do the DSDT fix. I want to do this because some games have anti-cheat detection that considers test mode as anti-cheat.

I'm wondering if disabling test mode will mess up my setup. I would simply go to CMD and type "Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF"

Anyone know if this will un-override the DSDT? 

1 hour ago, Bagpipehero said:

Hi someone perhaps can answer my question. I've been happily running my egpu setup for some months - MBP-TB-15in with Razer Core + GTX 1080. However I want to disable windows test mode, which was required to do the DSDT fix. I want to do this because some games have anti-cheat detection that considers test mode as anti-cheat.

I'm wondering if disabling test mode will mess up my setup. I would simply go to CMD and type "Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF"

Try it! Can always turn it back on after. Would like to know the answer too :)

14 hours ago, Bagpipehero said:

Yes it does, you can use DSDT substitution with setup1.3 to fix your problem. (dsdt override without testsigning)

• 3 months later...

I believe the nvidia driver versions are very finicky with PCMCIA and PE4C's.  I believe I used 372.70 for installation and upgraded to 375.63 (what's currently installed on my Win 10 setup) but I'm curious if anyone's tried upgrade to something later and has it working with their PE4C PCMCIA eGPU setup.  So far I've been lucky that all my games will play on 375.63 but I can imagine some upcoming games will soon complain so wondering if anyone's got a more current version of drivers running.

Also, wondering if anyone knows why some versions of drivers work and some don't.  Is it NVIDIA trying to block eGPU's? 

UPDATE: found a forum that found a workaround to the latest drivers.  Google NVidia is killing off mPCIe/NGFF.M2 eGPUs : error 43 with 372.90 or newer driver

Edited by douirc

5 hours ago, misiozol said:

then share this revelation :)

sure...

From what I read, NVidia's driver 372.90 and newer is checking if the eGPU hosting port/bridge locked hotplug bit is enabled.  You can either mod your bios or perform this driver installation workaround.  The one caveat, if your video card isn't supported by 368.81 (like the 1080 TI's or 1050's) this won't work.  Someone on the forum also mentioned the Intel HD driver version can also have an effect but I didn't read through those details since this worked for me.

Download 368.81 and 378.57

Run DDU in safe mode - remove all and reboot

Install 368.81 - standard installer (Choose Custom  - Driver and Physx)

DO NOT REBOOT

Open regedit and go to HKEYLOCALMACHINE/SOFTWARE/

Delete the key NVIDIA_REBOOTNEEDED

Install 378.57 via installer - EXPRESS

Reboot

Voila

Apparently people are having success replacing 378.57 with the latest drivers as well.  I used 378.78 for the DX12 and Vulkan improvements.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...

For what it's worth, I just finished a fresh install of Win 10 Pro, plugged in my PE4C and installed 368.81 followed by 388.13 using the instructions from my post, rebooted, fixed my DSDT for Code 12 error, put it in Test Mode and rebooted again and everything worked perfectly.  Able to run the latest drivers with my GTX 1060 6GB.

• 1 month later...

Wondering if someone could help me out with this error 12. I've got an AIMB-272 mini-ITX motherboard with a QM67 chipset. It's not exactly a noteboook, but it uses laptop-sized RAM and CPU (2720QM) and has a x16 PCIe 3.0 slot. I've got a GTX 970 on here and was working just fine until I installed a new Windows 10 build and started to get error 12 on my iGPU (Intel HD 3000). I can run some games on here but it crashes whenever I run GPU-intensive programs; I can't even run the generic GPU-Z render test in fullscreen for more than 2-3 minutes before it force restarts. I tried rolling back my Windows 10 build to what it was including a fresh install but same problem. I also get a black screen whenever I try to install any NVIDIA driver and have to blind restart my computer (by pressing Win+D -> Alt+F4 -> Down -> Enter).

Whenever I try doing a DSDT override, it will successfully compile and apply, but error 12 persists on my iGPU upon restarting. I am aware that DSDT override is for eGPU setups and might not even fix my GTX 970 from crashing but I am just trying everything to get things back to normal.

@Tech Inferno Fan

• 1 month later...

Hi all, i have the same problem. My setup consists of an exp gdc v8.5c (express card) and an HP 6530b with 3GB of ram. I’m stuck with error 12. I’ve already done DSDT override succesfully: Large memory is appearing in my device manager. However, my egpu (amd 5830) still gets error 12. I also tried to follow some steps : re-plug and play the gpu, stop windows 7’s boot and hot plug the express card, run che code “bcdedit.exe -set PCIEXPRESS FORCEDISABLE" but none of these solutions worked. I also tried to disable all the devices in device manager and connect the express card but i'm still getting error 12. I don't know any other solutions. I even tried to run the notebook with 2GB of ram (1 dimm) but error 12 still persists. Please, could anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.