[GUIDE] DSDT override to fix error 12

Dear Members,

I'm beginner in this eGPU topic, but I'd like to setup my computer properly. I've bought DIYeGPU Setup 1.3. I have a HP 8460p notebook with 6GB RAM with Expresscard and an EXP GDC Beast v8.0 Expresscard version. Now I don't know exactly which video card would be the best and most compatible option. I checked GTX 760 and 780 that probably don't need DSDT override and I was thinking about GTX 970 also but it needs DSDT override.

I have a few questions about DSDT override if'd like to use DIYeGPU Setup:

-should I connect the eGPU adapter first, or I can do this without connecting it?

-what are the necessary steps in your Setup 1.3 application to execute DSDT override?

-will I get a successful message if it was ok, or I have to test this later somehow?

If I'll know that DSDT override works then I could buy the video card.

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Hello,

I am trying to extend the large memory for my eGPU (GeForce GTX 750 Ti) on my Dell Latitude XT3.  My original problem was the code 12 error but I discovered I needed to do a DSDT override to extend the memory. 

I am using the DSDT Editor to make the changes but the I am getting error - Value above valid range - 0x0-0xFFFFFFFF.

If anyone can give me pointers how to resolve the memory address issue, I'd be grateful.  For reference I am attaching my DSDT.dsl.  Thank you.

dsdt(mod).zip

Hi everyone! I complied my DSDT override with no errors! I'm doing the Windows 8 method of preloading the override through Setup 1.30 and I'm a little stuck. I compared both my original and my new .aml files, and does the new one have to be smaller? Because it's currently the same size as my original. If so, how would I go about deleting the _OSI entries? 

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out haha. Managed to reduce the new .aml file down by .1 kb Though is it important to fix the warnings while I'm at it?

Edit 2: I did it :D Didn't get botched or anything like that. Did the rest with Setup 1.30 and it was smooth sailing from there. I'm a happy camper!

Edited by Beer

Hey everyone, following the steps in the video I make it near the end without any errors but for some reason I am unable to load the new DSDT file.

Edit: the .aml file had to be in the same folder as the compiler for the command to go through.

Edited by justified

1 hour ago, justified said:

Hey everyone, following the steps in the video I make it near the end without any errors but for some reason I am unable to load the new DSDT file. I'm not sure what is wrong but have attached a pic to show the log and file location. Hopefully someone in here can figure out what I'm doing wrong?

EGPU_command.PNG

Yeah, for some reason, the video just ends. Are you running Windows 10? You're honestly better off using Setup 1.30 to preload you DSDT file from there. It saved me a lot of heartache

• Thumbs Up 1

How do you do that? I'm stuck at step 4 & 5, unsure what to do.

Edit: I was able to load new dsdt file with the compiler and now have large memory.

Edited by justified
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have a Samsung NP900X4D | 16GB memory | AMD R7 360, managed to do the DSDT Override and increase the Large Memory. But the the card still shows Code 12 Error. 

[gallery800x600]
[photo=https://files.weable.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Device-Manager.png][/photo]
[photo=https://files.weable.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Device-Manager-2.png][/photo]
[/gallery]

Can someone help me please?

On 7/19/2016 at 2:24 PM, justified said:

@Beer How do you do that? I'm stuck at step 4 & 5, unsure what to do.

Hey sorry for the late reply. In order to drop the files in the .img, you have to open up the .img with PowerISO (7zip didn't work for me) and add the files from there. As for step 5, you have two ways of editing it. You can either extract startup.bat and add your pt MEM script with Notepad or edit it directly in Setup 1.30

I hope that helps!

• Thumbs Up 1

So Ive been trying to DSDT override my PC since I am getting the (code 12) from my GTX 750 ti. I have a HP 8440p with only a iGPU on the system.

Ive been following 

and ended up with 2 errors. I need help fixing these 2 errors.

On a side note everyone seems to be having a PCI BUS section in DEVICE MANAGER>CONNECTIONS BY RESOURCE

I do not seem to have connections with the name PCI BUS. Attached is a picture of my memory section of device manager.

errors.jpg

dmanager.jpg

attaching my dsl file

dsl file.rar

I compiled your posted dsl file without any problems using the latest tools: https://www.acpica.org/downloads/binary-tools

Only one min/max/length error but you can solve it with this formula Length=max-min+1

line:2194

0x00000000,         // Granularity
                    0x00000000,         // Range Minimum
                    0xFEDFFFFF,         // Range Maximum
                    0x00000000,         // Translation Offset
                    0xFEE00000,         // Length | default value was: 0x00000000

d:\9\iasl-win-20160527>iasl dsdt_172A.dsl

ASL Input:     dsdt_172A.dsl - 25580 lines, 945442 bytes, 9618 keywords
AML Output:    DSDT.aml - 127264 bytes, 1455 named objects, 8163 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 29 Warnings, 56 Remarks, 3999 Optimizations, 31 Constants Folded

Edited by Doink

ASL Input:     dsdt.dsl - 25389 lines, 939167 bytes, 9706 keywords
AML Output:    dsdt.aml - 127079 bytes, 1455 named objects, 8251 executable opcodes
Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 29 Warnings, 56 Remarks, 3999 Optimizations, 31 Constants Folded

So i managed to get a compile working. then loaded the table using 

C:\Users\zayan\Desktop\tool>asl /loadtable dsdt.aml
Microsoft ACPI Source Language Assembler Version 3.0.1NT [Aug 29 2006, 14:17:49]
Copyright (c) 1996,2006 Microsoft Corporation
Compliant with the ACPI 3.0a Specification

Table overloading succeeded

Still after it working i get no Large memory section under >Resources by connection

This means I am still stuck in (code 12) when i connect my gpu. 

Any and all help is greatly apprecaited.

Attached is a picture of my device manager and also the DSDT.dsl i used.

Device Manager.jpg

dsdt.rar

2 hours ago, zzmane said:

ASL Input:     dsdt.dsl - 25389 lines, 939167 bytes, 9706 keywords
AML Output:    dsdt.aml - 127079 bytes, 1455 named objects, 8251 executable opcodes

Still after it working i get no Large memory section under >Resources by connection

This means I am still stuck in (code 12) when i connect my gpu. 

Any and all help is greatly apprecaited.

Attached is a picture of my device manager and also the DSDT.dsl i used.

Make sure testsigning is enabled (run this command as admin and then reboot):

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

Edited by Doink
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Doink said:

Make sure testsigning is enabled (run this command as admin and then reboot):

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

DUDE your a beast it worked. Ok so after i got the LARGE MEMORY in my Device manager i managed to get my eGPU to boot via DVI to a external monitor. Problem is do i need to do any 1.x-1.30 things? I feel like my performance is really shit. I tried running a game on steam and it ran in amazing FPS but then crashed. I tried running 3DMark Demo off steam and also that crashed. If anyone can help me i can provide any information you need to assist me.

750ti devicemanager.jpg

Edited by zzmane

Ok so using FurMark to stress test my GPU. it immediate crashes the eGPU and switches to my internal monitor and iGPU. Same with any games. Seems like as soon as the 750ti gets some work it disconnects until i pop out the expresscard and replug it back in.

12 hours ago, zzmane said:

Ok so using FurMark to stress test my GPU. it immediate crashes the eGPU and switches to my internal monitor and iGPU. Same with any games. Seems like as soon as the 750ti gets some work it disconnects until i pop out the expresscard and replug it back in.

You should hop into the mPCIe/EC troubleshooting thread and read the first post and the comments.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

are any of you good at fixing errors when compiling the damn thing?

I've got zero warnings, remarks or optimizations, just 4 freaking syntax errors. And all of the information I can find, are from hackintosh sites, where they just say "just use this "insert name here" mac program and you're good to go!"

I'm so close on finishing this override! Can someone please help?

Parser-detected syntax error(s).jpg

dsdt.rar

9 hours ago, Juunasv said:

Hi guys

are any of you good at fixing errors when compiling the damn thing?

I've got zero warnings, remarks or optimizations, just 4 freaking syntax errors. And all of the information I can find, are from hackintosh sites, where they just say "just use this "insert name here" mac program and you're good to go!"

I'm so close on finishing this override! Can someone please help?

dsdt.rar

Hi, i just gave it a shoot and fixed the syntax error but i cannot tell you that i changed the variables correct so hope this section is unused and you don't get blue screen:

(line:7422)
If (\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.ASBF == One)
{
	OperationRegion (AMSA, SystemMemory, \_SB.PCI0.RP09.PEGP.BADR, 0x00010000)
	Field (AMSA, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
	{
		Offset (0x53F0), 
		ASBT,   8
	}
	If (\_SB.PCI0.RP09.PEGP.BADR (0xFFFFFFFF) != AMSA)
	{
		If (ASBT != 0x83)
		{
			ASBT = 0x83
		}
	}
}

Edited by Doink

12 hours ago, Doink said:

Hi, i just gave it a shoot and fixed the syntax error but i cannot tell you that i changed the variables correct so hope this section is unused and you don't get blue screen:

(line:7422)
If (\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.ASBF == One)
{
	OperationRegion (AMSA, SystemMemory, \_SB.PCI0.RP09.PEGP.BADR, 0x00010000)
	Field (AMSA, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
	{
		Offset (0x53F0), 
		ASBT,   8
	}
	If (\_SB.PCI0.RP09.PEGP.BADR (0xFFFFFFFF) != AMSA)
	{
		If (ASBT != 0x83)
		{
			ASBT = 0x83
		}
	}
}

Whaaa... thank you so much! Well I haven't checked if it works yet but thanks for trying!
If I get a blue screen then bummer, but thanks man :D

Edit:

Ok first I tried to do the probably noob thing and just copy/paste it. First on the line written (7422). Didn't work, just got more errors, and then deleted it. Then I tried to carefully write it over. Same thing.
Tried copy/paste on the actual line where the error was reported, more errors. Tried to carefully write it over, again more errors.

Fur fok saik man! Why does it have to be this hard to be a gamer :P

Isn't there an program? Or something that does this type of task automatic? Or a site who provide this type of work for a fee?

Not to undermine the great people of this forum, all praises to thee! Just a general wondering.

Edited by Juunasv

1 hour ago, Juunasv said:

Whaaa... thank you so much! Well I haven't checked if it works yet but thanks for trying!
If I get a blue screen then bummer, but thanks man :D

Edit:

Ok first I tried to do the probably noob thing and just copy/paste it. First on the line written (7422). Didn't work, just got more errors, and then deleted it. Then I tried to carefully write it over. Same thing.
Tried copy/paste on the actual line where the error was reported, more errors. Tried to carefully write it over, again more errors.

Fur fok saik man! Why does it have to be this hard to be a gamer :P

Isn't there an program? Or something that does this type of task automatic? Or a site who provide this type of work for a fee?

Not to undermine the great people of this forum, all praises to thee! Just a general wondering.

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 19 Warnings, 60 Remarks, 2844 Optimizations, 7 Constants Folded

dsdt.zip

Edited by Doink

30 minutes ago, Doink said:

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 19 Warnings, 60 Remarks, 2844 Optimizations, 7 Constants Folded

dsdt.zip

Damn! A blue screen. Acpi bios error. 

Even though it didn't work you still deserve a beer (or tea/coffee/whateversimilarpricedliquid, I won't judge ;-) )  for trying :-)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.