[GUIDE] DSDT override to fix error 12

Hi guys I have a samsung ativ book 8 8gb ram 3635qm cpu igpu hd4000 dgpu hd8870m egpu radeon r9 290. I disabled dgpu in dev manager but I get code 12 on egpu so need a dsdt override trouble is the type of error I get which I havent found a fix on the web

post-40257-14495001096709_thumb.png

I never have seen this type of object does not exist error so any help is apreciated. Btw I use DSDTEditor and my newb to dsl editing. BTW2 I can mod bios and modify TOLUD from 3.25gb downward could that fix error 12 if I pick a certain size so I dont need override?

I installed win 10 and for some reason I dont know I got other errors in the dsl file which I could fix. I did the override and got the large memory but my notebook hangs at driver instalation even if I uninstalled dgpu drivers so there are no conflicts. Still managed to figure out that manually installation installs drivers for both egpu and dgpu but not properlly because of freez.

@costelasleontin

I manage to get it work with nando's help. It's because I used a Gen 1 adapter (PE4H V2.4). But my device is allocated like a Gen 2 so there's no display. After forcing using Setup 1.3 to use Gen 1, I got a display but cannot run GPU intensive work. I will change my adapter (because I know my card works) for a PE4C V3.0 to have Gen 2 bandwidth.

I'm running Windows 7 on an Acer Aspire 5750 and am having difficulty performing a DSDT override. I am using the EXP GDC Beast with mPCIe port and the GTX 750 Ti GPU, yet error 12 continually occurs. I have tried following the steps in the Guide only for my computer to not recognize iasl.exe as a file or is simply unable to open iasl.exe. Any help would be great

@costelasleontin

I manage to get it work with nando's help. It's because I used a Gen 1 adapter (PE4H V2.4). But my device is allocated like a Gen 2 so there's no display. After forcing using Setup 1.3 to use Gen 1, I got a display but cannot run GPU intensive work. I will change my adapter (because I know my card works) for a PE4C V3.0 to have Gen 2 bandwidth.

My r9 290 works with pcie 3 but I know it uses pcie 2 on Exp Gdc Beast adapter from gpuz and from setup 1.3. Also I disabled dgpu in dev manager and also the igpu and when I restart I can see r9 290 in dev manager but I get a system hang in the course of installing driver. For some reason I cant access setup 1.3 (because it just restarts system) while doing this operations to switch from 2.0 to 1.0 pcie link.

I'm running Windows 7 on an Acer Aspire 5750 and am having difficulty performing a DSDT override. I am using the EXP GDC Beast with mPCIe port and the GTX 750 Ti GPU, yet error 12 continually occurs. I have tried following the steps in the Guide only for my computer to not recognize iasl.exe as a file or is simply unable to open iasl.exe. Any help would be great

Try to use DSDTEditor because its simpler to handle. You need to install java to use it and restart pc. Also you can find the guide to use DSDTEditor in the link with simultan igpu , dgpu , egpu.

Try to use DSDTEditor because its simpler to handle. You need to install java to use it and restart pc. Also you can find the guide to use DSDTEditor in the link with simultan igpu , dgpu , egpu.

I was able to get the DSDT override, but still getting code 12 :( any help?

I have tried reinstalling the Nvidia drivers, as well as hotplugging in the eGPU upon windows start up, yet I am still getting Code 12 error. In device manager, I am able to view the section for Large Memory.

Hey,

I have found out that my dsdt file was corrupted when switching computers. I am attempting to redo it. I am concerned as the errors address pertains to my pci express which I really do not what to screw up.

Compiler aborting due to parser-detected syntax error(s)

C:/Users/mwali/Desktop/DSDT/dsdt.dsl 980: }

Error 6126 - syntax error, unexpected '}' ^

C:/Users/mwali/Desktop/DSDT/dsdt.dsl 22934: 0x01 = VGDD /* External reference */

Error 6126 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_EXP_EQUALS ^

C:/Users/mwali/Desktop/DSDT/dsdt.dsl 22985: Return (Package (0x02)

Error 6126 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_RETURN ^

C:/Users/mwali/Desktop/DSDT/dsdt.dsl 23189: 0x00

Error 6126 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_INTEGER ^

C:/Users/mwali/Desktop/DSDT/dsdt.dsl 25485:

Error 6126 - syntax error, unexpected $end and premature End-Of-File

ASL Input: C:/Users/mwali/Desktop/DSDT/dsdt.dsl - 25485 lines, 905119 bytes, 9624 keywords

Compilation complete. 5 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

I tried commenting out, commenting out, commenting out, deleting, commenting out and I still get errors.

Kind Regards,

Matt W.

I was able to get the DSDT override, but still getting code 12 :( any help?

I have tried reinstalling the Nvidia drivers, as well as hotplugging in the eGPU upon windows start up, yet I am still getting Code 12 error. In device manager, I am able to view the section for Large Memory.

Just try to force your eGPU to the Large memory space from Setup1.3.

Video cards -> dgpu off

PCI compaction: endpoint: 56.25GB, ignore dgpu, run compact->igp+egpu-> force igp to 32bit

chainload

Skip the dgpu parts if you disabled it or don't have any.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everybody :)

I've been trying to perform a DSDT override using kizwan's video tutorial:

During the process, I get a message "iasl.exe has stopped working" (when dissassembling a DSDT). However, all files are in designated folder, so I assume there is no problem here.

The real problem starts when it comes to compiling a file. I get error as below:

post-39591-1449500130366_thumb.png

I am not sure what it is, but it happend even when comiling an original .DSL file. From what I have checked, it actually seems, that the files are... cut? The last three lines look like below:

/* 03D0 */ 0x36, 0xC0, 0x66, 0xF1, 0xCA, 0x6C, 0x34, 0x9F,

/* 03D8 */ 0x3F, 0x11, 0x43, 0x47, 0x89, 0x19, 0x3A, 0x05,

/* 03E0 */ 0xF1, 0xD0, 0x1D, 0x74, 0xE8, 0xE8, 0xE3, 0x

What should be after the last "0x"? Is this where the problem comes form in the first place?

Any help would be appreciated :)

I am using DELL LATITUDE E6340 (no dGPU)

• 2 weeks later...

First, specs:

Model: HP Pavilion dm4-1009tx

CPU: i5-430m GPU: gtx 970 via PE4C-mPCI

eGPU: Have to boot with a wifi card, put windows to sleep, and then hotplug egpu due to whitelist.

RAM: 2 GB TRYING to get 8 GB since that's the max this old cpu can support..

After (several) successful DSDT overrides, I still get error 12. When I say successful, that means I added the QWordMemory entry in the correct location, compiled with few errors and then doing the override after some minor debugging. Tried different versions of iasl, with/without egpu connected as well as both x86 and x64 java versions. I did this about 5 times and still get the error.. Could not find sufficient solutions searching, or maybe im just bad at searching =d does anyone have an idea or a viable solution? thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

Someone could help me?

It showed me the error 12 and do not know how to fix..

I got the win 10, I'm trying to follow the signs "Win8 / 10: Perform the DSDT substitution Within Setup 1:30 to Overcome TOLUD issues" but I can not do steps 2, 3, 4,  5

Cheers 

I am currently performins a DSDT override on an HP G6 1070ev laptop running windows 7 because i run on error code 12 when plugging in my gpu.I've done all the steps right as the extremely helpfull video from kizwan demonstrates but when i reach the very last step where i have to type %asl%\asl,exe /loadtable DSDT_EGPU_OVERRIDE.aml i get "the filename,directory name,or volume label syntax is incorect ".I have double checked everything and im fairly sure its not a syntax error.Im completely new to whats goin on here so forgive me if a sound clueless but i am.thx in advance

On 12/22/2015 at 9:31 AM, Sol said:

I am currently performins a DSDT override on an HP G6 1070ev laptop running windows 7 because i run on error code 12 when plugging in my gpu.I've done all the steps right as the extremely helpfull video from kizwan demonstrates but when i reach the very last step where i have to type %asl%\asl,exe /loadtable DSDT_EGPU_OVERRIDE.aml i get "the filename,directory name,or volume label syntax is incorect ".I have double checked everything and im fairly sure its not a syntax error.Im completely new to whats goin on here so forgive me if a sound clueless but i am.thx in advance

Instead of making temporary reference vars, etc you could use the DSDT parser and follow the guide here by angerthosenear. Even if you aren't trying to do simultaneous iGPU + dGPU + eGPU, it makes everything much easier. The only extra required step not included in the linked guide is to copy/paste or extract everything from the attached .zip file, along with the necessary iasl & asl files to your C:\program files\java\jre1.8.xx\bin directory, open admin cmd from that directory and do all the commands from there.

Edited by blowntaha

Hi,

Can any one help me with DSDT override

I have Dell XPS 15 L502x and EXP GDC Beast and Nvidia GTX 960 4gb ram,

So I read that for 9xx series graphic card I must do DSDT.

So I proceed with that and I get to part where I type %isla%/isla dsdt -oa-EGPU2.dsl

I hit enter and I get one error and that is Error 4124 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARGO

I dont know what is that, because when I go to line 8147 their is only one bracket!!!.

Please help me with this error, because on the next step I get Microsoft ASL Compiler v4.0 is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file!!!

I am running windows 10 pro 64 bit, and have 8GB of RAM.

In attachment I put bought files, DSDT.dsl and picture from CMD.

Please help me with this. :D

DSDT error.png

dsdt -oa-EGPU2.rar

8 hours ago, mpopov said:

Hi,

Can any one help me with DSDT override

I have Dell XPS 15 L502x and EXP GDC Beast and Nvidia GTX 960 4gb ram,

So I read that for 9xx series graphic card I must do DSDT.

I am running windows 10 pro 64 bit, and have 8GB of RAM.

Please help me with this. :Dsdt -oa-EGPU2.rar

Not sure why you believe you need a DSDT override. Use Setup 1.30 (which you have) to have the GTX960 hijaak the GT525M's PCIe config space to overcome error 12. If need help with this them email me. Address is given at http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2123-diy-egpu-setup-1-x.html#post27337

Im on step 5 and im not sure how to

5. Create a dsdt.aml file with the 'iasl -oa dsdt.dsl' compiler directive. '-oa' disables all optimizations found necessary to get working solutions. It is unlikely this will succeed first time, as the compiler is very strict. In general warnings are acceptable, but errors may require some fiddling. Those will need to be corrected with common patches in Common DSDT patches for Ivy/Sandy/Haswell laptops, How to fixed DSDT errors? (kizwan). Consider asking for guidance at tonymacx86.com DSDT forums. DSDT editting alone could have it's own forum. Then try compiling your DSDT again.

iasl -oa dsdt.dsl
Edited by valgear

I have a HP Pavilion Dv7 3170ca laptop 8gb ram 1gb video card nvidia but have the beast egpu with evga 950 ftw nvidia gpu installed on it and of course its a error 12 (This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use) so going threw the steps to get this thing to work and im stuck on step 5 please help!!! any and all information would be great thanks!!!

I have an HP Elitebook 8740w with a built in Nvidia Quadro 3800FX and 32GB of ram. I am trying to use Radeon R270X eGPU or an Nvidia GTX 580 eGPU. I would rather use the Radeon as an eGPU but I get an error 12 when used. The nVidia card works but disables the Quadro code 43. Attached is my dsdt file for my laptop. I was told to start deleting the offending lines and recompile but for each one I delete a new error pops up. I'm sure that it all means something but I don't know assembler and I am stuck on the instructions at the following compiler error. Any assistance from the community would be awesome and appreciated. Thank you. :) 

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20131115-32 [Nov 15 2013]
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2013 Intel Corporation

Compiler aborting due to parser-detected syntax error(s)
dsdt_1520.dsl  20344:                 Store (VGDD, 0x01)
Error    6126 -                                      ^ syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_INTEGER

dsdt_1520.dsl  20575:                     0x00
Error    6126 -                             ^ syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_INTEGER, expecting '('

ASL Input:     dsdt_1520.dsl - 22460 lines, 751950 bytes, 8093 keywords

Compilation complete. 2 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

dsdt_1520.rar

Edited by Takiyon
More Info

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2015 at 0:16 AM, bram1980 said:

I just can´t generate the aml file, some errors and warnings....HELP!!!!! ---- UPDATE!!

I really need some help to put my T430 working with eGPU, i´m getting the error 12 and DSDT Override is giving me errors when try to compile to get the aml file, what have u do??? Since we have the same laptop could u provide me the aml file to upload to registry??

--- UPDATE!!

After a fresh win 8.1 install, i still not get the gtx460 to work, i get stuck compiling the dsl to aml file, gives me 2 errors and not sure where they are, is anybody here who could repair a dsl file???

I have T430 and DSDT works for me here is my .aml file, but I cannot guarantee this will work for you (atleast work for my T430 Windows 10) 

**see attachment

Here is my proof
DSDT.thumb.PNG.683a803d737a427b42807e734

On 10/29/2015 at 9:34 AM, jay_dark_dry said:

@chrisr_ocks

I also have a X230 (T) with 16gb RAM with Win 10.

My eGPU setup is not working right now, but I have override the DSDT successfully on this computer.

In order to do it, get the last IASL tools: https://www.acpica.org/downloads

Get the lastest WDK fo Win 10: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/dn913721.aspx

Now, thx to SBP for the biggest part of the solution.

Use iasl to drop your dsdt.dat and generate the dsdt.dsl with it.

Now, do the trick with the QWordMemory.

If you try to compile, you will get an error, something like:

Name (_IRC, 0x00) // _IRC: Inrush Current

Find this line in the .dsl and replace it by:

Method (_IRC, 0, NotSerialized) { Return(0x00) }

it should compile but the trick is to use this new .aml for his table.

Install the WDK (10) . Open a admin cmd line and go to: Program Files(x86)/Windows Kits/10/Tools/x64/ACPIVerify

Put your .aml also in there but rename it! Let say: new.aml

Now run asl /u new.aml

A .ASL will be created, open it and try to find the table _CRS. If you did the QWordMemory correctly, the table value will be : 0x1ee.

DO A RESTORE POINT!

Now, extract your actual DSDT using ASL: asl /tab=DSDT

You have the DSDT.asl.

Find the same table and it should be smaller. Replace it carefully.

Now, compile the .asl: asl DSDT.asl

If it crashes, it's normal! Why I don't know, but I know how to fix it.

It is a problem with ATMC(). It is not defined.

Search in the .asl for all instance of ATMC and you will find:

\_SB_.PCI0.LPC_.EC__.ATMC()

The first part is actually a header, the same as C++ for ::. You need to update all your ATMC() with this.

Be careful, You will have ATMC WITHOUT (). DO NOT UPDATE THIS ONE.

Compile again the .asl and it should works.

Load the .aml:

asl /loadtable DSDT.aml

And use the signkey:

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

Reboot!

If you have a bluescreen again, remember the restore point!

But for me, it works and I can assign my eGPU to 36 bit using setup 1.3.

(Check attachment Large Memory)

Sadly, my eGPU doesn't work :( I don't have any errors anymore, the eGPU is place on the large memory, but I don't have any display)

Here's my actual situation:

- The GPU is connected to the adapter (PE4H)

- The Card is powered by a 6 pin connector and the PSU is 550W.

- The display is plug (And the display works normally using the docking station of Lenovo.)

- My driver are up to date

- The device manager list everything correctly

- I have Windows 10

- No display is detected by the "display settings"

The GPU-Z tools give me my model, but some settings cannot be found.

Check attachment gpu-z

Did anyone knows what the next step could be?

post-40245-14495001037223_thumb.png

post-40245-14495001037492_thumb.png

Did you tried updating that PCI Express Root Complex(right click --> update) ?

I did and it changed to "PCI Bus" I don't know if this is relevant or not. because I don't have any EXP GDC or BPlus to test yet. 

** I also have a question regarding DSDT. 

Can this DSDT Override works without having to go testmode ? because the watermark in win 10 looks annoying...

DSDT T430.rar

Edited by AstralSparks

On 10/1/2016 at 11:29 AM, valgear said:

I have a HP Pavilion Dv7 3170ca laptop 8gb ram 1gb video card nvidia but have the beast egpu with evga 950 ftw nvidia gpu installed on it and of course its a error 12 (This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use) so going threw the steps to get this thing to work and im stuck on step 5 please help!!! any and all information would be great thanks!!!

Hi valgear and others,

I finally managed to connect and run my EGPU GTX960 through a PE4H-EC2C in express card slot of HP Dv7 3163 ef.

Now I can play/work on my TV through the HDMI output of the EGPU.

My config at the beginning:

HP Pavilion Dv7 3163 ef

8 Gb Ram

dgpu: GT320M

egpu: GTX960

Win 7 x64

Several steps to get there:

1) The best you can get with these not optimus capable notebooks is your egpu on an external monitor. First step is to use "Display Drivers Uninstaller" to clean the Nvidia drivers of the dgpu. Windows has to run it as a standard vga device.

2) Install or upgrade to Win8.1 or Win10 (did not try other OS) instead the notebook is not able to use the dgpu as standard vga and the egpu at the same time. I guess you can avoid this if your card has unified drivers (saw drivers supporting 300 series to 700 series, not applicable to GTX960)

3) Follow Nando's instructions for DSDT override for Win8.1 or Win10, it will work in test mode  Don't forget to run commands as administrator. I used an older version of IASL from 2012 because the newest version was resulting in less warnings more errors. Errors are a if (IGDS)/else outside of control methods creating syntax error all over the place and syntax errors on devices PLD.

I had exactly the same errors as the ones solved by kizwan helping a dv6 user : http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/diy-egpu-experiences.418851/page-976

4) reboot and use setup 1.3 by Nando to hotplug properly the egpu, but you can also F8 to halt Windows loading and plug the egpu as your bios do not allows to plug it at startup. Did not try yet but setup 1.3 can be used to override DSDT on Win8.1 or Win10 without running in test mode (-set TESTSIGNING ON). With Win7 after DSDT override you need setup 1.3 to proceed 56.25 compaction on egpu, forcing none to 32 bits. Would have done that with a GTX660/670/680/690/750 TI... if I had known there was no unified drivers from 300 series to 900 series.

5) Install latest drivers for your EGPU from Nvidia website.

6) reboot, hotplug, run win 8.1/10, it is working.

Hope this helps HP dv6-7 users, these laptops are poor candidate for EGPU (not optimus capable, no igpu, one express card slot PCIE x1.1, a BIOS which only purpose seems to choose boot order, whitelist of wifi pcie slot) as highlighted above but now at least I can land on planets at Elite Dangerous

Next step: use setup 1.3 to unwhitelist my WIFI PCIE slot and connect a second cable from PE4H to have 2x 1.1 PCIE.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, this is fairly frustrating. I am attempting to patch my Windows 7 x64 install using this guide so that my GTX 770 eGPU will work with it.

I have followed this guide up to editing the dsdt.dsl, adding in the QWORD in the appropriate section, calling iasl, and patching it.

Initially, I attempted to compile the modified dsdt.dsl and was hit with two errors:

1. "Name (_IRC, 0x00)  // _IRC: Inrush Current, Error 6103"
  2. "(_PLD: found Buffer, Package Required), Error 6105"

I was able to fix the first error by changing the line to:

"Method (_IRC, 0, NotSerialized) { Return(0x00) }"

However, it is the second error that is really annoying. After researching this "Package Required," I found a patch which appears to encapsulate similar looking sections with the function "Package(){}." This seemingly makes sense as the Package function should "cast" the Buffer object into a Package. Therefore, I went through the dsdt.dsl code and placed the offending buffer returns within the curly brackets of Package (like Package(){DATA}) Afterwards, it compiled without a single issue.

However, I patch it using asl, and I am simply hit with a BSOD for invalid ACPI configuration (obviously meaning Windows did not like patch.) Attached are the two files with the appropriate modifications. I'd like to keep using this T420, but if this doesn't work, I probably should just invest in a desktop...

dsdt.zip

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.