How hard is it to upgrade the CPU?

Steven told me to order with the 2720, but I cant shell out the cash. My goal was to haggle for 8gbs of RAM, but now Im wondering if I should seek the 2720.

My other option is to get the 2630QM, and upgrade when prices drop. So really, how hard is it? And this is coming from a standpoint of someone whos really done nothing more to a notebook than upgrade ram.

Its not a novice upgrade. I have been in the IT industry since 1995. Even before that I got my first computer in the mid 80s (apple II+). It still takes me over an hour and a half to break down the m14x and put it back together. The 2720 is not a necessity. I said that because if I had it over again, that's what I would have purchased. It seems that once again games are starting to utilize CPU as well as GPU (trend = bfbc2, bops, probably bf3, witcher 2, any console port?) Again the 2720 isn't a necessity. Some items are harder to upgrade than others. Screen is difficult (not impossible but difficult). Ram is easy, HDD is easy so these type items I say order for yourself and install if you can. Its up to you. The base is 1099. if you have to have the 900p plus the 2720 come to $1424. Not bad at all.. the rest can be added at later date.

Also you should consider different machines place the CPU in different places to elaborate... Some you can go as far as remove the keyboard and your at the CPU, some you just remove the bottom cover, or the harder kind and more common in the gaming types like Brian mentioned in a post about the M18x that the gpus and CPU are in the very center of the system requiring the majority of all parts (keyboard,LCD panel sometimes,bottom cover,hand rest,various inner sections covering the right area,optical drives,hard drives,battery etc) to be removed to have full access to the sockets. So if your careful and patient and good with small delicate and electro-statically sensitive parts then through guides it wouldn't be impossible to replace the CPU... But it certainly is easier to buy ram and hard drives and put them in then replacing a CPU... It can require taking the entire system apart down to a mother board exposing the CPU heatsink and therefore underneath that the CPU socket. Hope that helps... @Steven the $1400 for 900P and the 2720 isn't a bad deal at all... All else can be purchased later.

The 2720qm is a good choice if you look at the available clocks on the current CPUs and it doesn't make sense to buy one CPU and pay for another when the upgrade is not as much as buying another CPU... I'd hold off and go for the 2720qm