Done With Dell

Well, after purchasing many alienware systems for both my wife and I we are done. I deviated in March by purchasing an inspiron 7000 14 for her since she wanted a touch screen. It has been horrible. Screen issues, wifi connectivity issues and many other items. So I reached out to sales last week through chat and asked if I paid for an M14 to replace it could a return it. The lady in chat said no problem. So I placed an order (and approved with dell DFS) 2 alienware notebooks. M14 and M17. I go through the process to return the 7000 and they said I can't. I escalated to a horrid agent and he also said I couldn't. I explained I have the saved chat session and it made zero difference. So I am trying to cancel both orders and getting the run around. Here are all the machines I have purchased in the past.

M14xR2

M14xR1

M15

M11xR1 (2 of them)

M17 (original alienhead version).

I can honestly say that the company I work for has 100 million dollar contracts with Dell and I am going to be providing this feedback to the VP I report to. Bottom line, I'm done. Put a fork in me.. so now I have to figure out what to do with a piece of mess inspiron 7000 that I don't feel comfortable selling on ebay and then find a new company to go with. Maybe MSI or someone else.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

Hi Steven.

From my experience it's mostly a matter of finding the right person to talk to.

There are a few AW reps on the forum you could try contacting. If that doesn't work - open a BBB case, in my experience these get resolved very very fast.

As Michael states I as well based on experience expect your case to be resolved fast now that you contacted the BBB. I had to at one point to get somewhere and it got the ball rolling in no time. Sorry to hear you have had such troubles Steven. I hope you get it resolved fast with a full refund. Great suggestion Michael.

• 2 weeks later...

Dell have really ruined the Alienware experience for many - including myself. I had a 2 month long saga trying to return an Alienware 14 that arrived in a broken condition. Dell's CS is terrible and makes you do all of the work I sympathize with the OP

Well, I guess i'm somewhat eating my words. I got the Dell inspiron to a state where I feel confident enough to sell it. Dianna already received her AW14 and she loves it so that's staying and my AW17 should be here on Friday. Alienware has reached out to me and said they would try to compensate us with products for the trouble we have been through so I appreciate gesture. In the end Dell would not give us a refund or credit on the inspiron and im not convinced that 30 days is enough of a return/warranty period.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last three months I havent had my M18x R1 in a saga of failed repairs in a row. So I truly understand what you are going through because I had just gone through this whole thing two years ago after many replacement parts and systems. They are doing a system exchange. I havent bewn contacted further on the matter yet but atleast they will get me out of the same refurbished hardware being sent to me over and over.

My warranty ends in July 2015 and all 3 years of the warranty got used a lot. I was very surprised I had to use it once again this year.

• 1 month later...

I purchased my first AW (m9750) before Dell acquired Alienware. I couldn't have been happier with the support! My current AW (m14x r1) was purchased through Dell and I am often frustrated with the support--I think that they try to make it so difficult to get in touch with the right people that it usually makes more sense to "self-serve" your support through forums such as this one. I almost always find the information I need (and more background) searching for myself faster than the first acknowledgement of my submitted issue. Fortunately, I haven't had any hardware or warranty issues yet (knock on wood).

I've noticed that if you enter your ALIENWARE support code on the bottom of the laptop you are transferred to the Alienware side of support. which imho is like a vip treatment I've had many dells and hate the support but I've also owned quite a few alienware and LOVE the support granted I get in touch with an alienware support rep, not a standard dell one. I bought a used m15x for $100 and when I got it the mobo was fried (understandably for the price) and even though the computer was not under my name and WAY out of warranty period they came to my house and replaced the mobo free of charge. this is just one of about a dozen stories I have due to working at tech company.

just my opinion though maybe I just have great luck LOL