Asus G73SW with HD5870M - HDMI Cable doesn't working.

Ganjax

Hello.

I had Asus G73Jh, my motherboard was broke, and i bought Asus G73SW A1 mainboard and Intel Core i7-2630qm.

After bit mod heatsink it booted up with my old GPU HD5870M, it work's really well, but HDMI cable don't work for me, VGA/Laptop screen work's ok.

With HDMI just my monitor/tv show blackscreen, i think problem is vbios, but i didn't find any mod or solution for this.

Can someone help me how to sovle it?

PS. I have also problem with Ethernet/USB connector, when i plug it from Jh version, USB working, ethernet not working, and IT VERY VERY HOT, and cable connector give smokes.

Regards

In regards to the cable smoking it sounds like they changed the pinout of the usb/ethernet board connectors. Getting a new usb/ethernet board meant for the new motherboard should fix the problem.

Is the hdmi port on a separate board with a cable to the motherboard, or is it on the motherboard itself?

I think hdmi is included into mxm pci port, cause i hadn't any external cable or connector, just pluged gpu in MXM port.

And hdmi port is in motherboard integrated.

That's possible to modify this cable to connect for new motherboard? I need to find schema of this board.

Does the laptop have a DVI or DisplayPort output? Do those work?

Yeah finding the schematic, then successfully altering the connector will be difficult, and the board is likely damaged anyway since it was incompatable. Definitely do not plug in the cable to the old ethernet/USB board. You can probably pick up the one for the new motherboard from ebay for cheap.

Yeah, it have DSUB(VGA) port, and it working very well, i use 24" LG IPS monitor, without any problems.

Just HDMI don't working. My monitor detect "something" is connected, but behaves as the device is switched off

, just blackscreen and "Standby mode"

I realy think problem is vbios. G73Jh have default 5870M GPU, and G73SW version have GTX460M.

I switched Radeon to SW, and everything working, except hdmi.