Weird Source engine/Dota 2 drops

First of all, I apologize if i started this thread in the wrong place.

So, I have a Lenovo Y500 laptop with dual gt650m, and Ive been having problems with source engine ever since i got it. First there were the flickers and stuff, but those got fixed. Especially dota 2 is behaving really weird. The weird thing is, when i max out dota 2 i get around 90-120 fps, depending on how busy is the game going. But the fps drops that happen, and that cripple the game are so weird. Every time certain abilities get used, or there is especially a water effect, my fps goes bellow 30. Also if there is an invisible hero beside me it happens aswell. Certain heroes trigger this, and some dont. Also when placing a ward, there is a dust like effect, and my screen freezes for like half a second everytime. I asked everywhere and i dont know what do to. I have the latest drivers but it happened with the older ones aswell. Tried using only one card, but most of the drops still happen, though the ward one doesnt, or invisible hero one.

PS Also in csgo, if theres is a patch of water on a map, when i look at it my fps drops from ~160 to like 30.

Sorry for the wall of text, hoping for some help!

You could try turning off individual graphic effects in game to determine what is giving the cards trouble with the water and invisible effects. At least to figure out the effect causing the lag.