y510p LCD Overclock

allstone

Hello everyone,

i tried with different rates and i got stable up to 83Hz (i have the LP156WF1-TLB2), but then i put it on testing because you can't see the small even glares. So first with movies i found that the 75Hz is pretty good for me, please note that even the default 60Hz has some very tiny. After that i tested on games, well when the game is loading you can see some tiny glitches on the back, then i put it on 60Hz and the are still the lines but they are surelly less. And when the game runs the results are better with 75Hz . So as far for me i guess it's objective, and by that i mean even with the default 60Hz it's still not perfect so you must compromise. For me personally i will stick into 75Hz.

• 5 months later...

Hm... accidently founded this topic. To ALL what is done with my Y500 i need to overclock display now. Right.

O.K., here is specs:

Display Model: LG\Philips (LP156WF1-TLC1)

Display Resolution: 1920x1080

Display Type: Glossy

I was able to set 120Hz and also catch pretty long and solid line in UFO Frame Skipping Check.

How i can test will it boot with such high (100-120Hz) refrash rate without stuck with black screen? I can undo it in safe mode? DDU display driver?