y510p LCD Overclock

allstone

that's very interesting, though what are the main benefits of ocing the lcd? what do you mean by it looks better?

Everything looks much smoother. You can see see the difference even just dragging windows around or moving your mouse pointer slowly on the desktop. There's no jitter.

I got the Y510P with a matte screen and only managed to overclock to 83Hz too, like mentioned in OP.

But it works stable for me at 83Hz not only at 80Hz.

I now tested my settings for about a week or so.

Are there any possibilities to get more out of my screen or is it already the maximum?

Can't overclock my LCD anymore on the Windows 10 Technical Preview (9879 Build)...Was able to overclock my matte Display to 83Hz or 80Hz on Windows 8.1 and I used "back then" the Nvidia Driver 344.11 for Windows 8.1 64Bit version...I "updated" my OS to the Technical Preview also 64Bit and used the same Driver(and I reinstalled it) yet when I try to overclock it to 83Hz, 80Hz or even anything above 60Hz my screen goes black and I have to restart.

I am currently using the 344.75 Driver (64bit) with a clean installation and still cant overclock it anymore.

I have the y510p matte display with 750m sli and the Windows Technical Preview 9879 also I use the 344.75 Game Ready Driver for Win 8,1 64bit...any help, any Ideas?

P.s.:I have no other issues...my Overclock on the sli gpus runs just perfect and I saw oddly enough a increase of fps and in benchmarking :)

Everything looks much smoother. You can see see the difference even just dragging windows around or moving your mouse pointer slowly on the desktop. There's no jitter.

ROFL! Obvious spam bot is obvious. I know I'm replying to a robot, but it seems you are getting smarter. Instead of posting links to sports live streams or ads for penis extending pills, now you just copy other people's posts. :snicker:

ROFL! Obvious spam bot is obvious. I know I'm replying to a robot, but it seems you are getting smarter. Instead of posting links to sports live streams or ads for penis extending pills, now you just copy other people's posts. :snicker:

THX! We just sent the bot into Nirvana...:11_002:

I've got the Y500 and it tops out at 112hz for me, personally. It's good enough for me, but I can do 120fps with pixel artifacts - not worth it, and also a bit unstable. Not sure which version of the screen I've got, sorry.

You can find which panel you have in HWiNFO64:

http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/7375-y510p-lcd-overclock-3.html#post101808

You can find which panel you have in HWiNFO64:

Ah, thank you - this could be very useful in the future.

I feel like Bowman staring into the monolith right now. How could something be such a visual improvement over the device manager? (It's full of stars!)

LG Philips LP156WF1-TLC1 - Glossy screen. Seems to fit the trend so far, apparently? I got lucky with getting a device that could output at this frequency, though - was looking into 120hz monitors.

• 3 weeks later...
Personally anything over 60Hz makes my eyes hurt and gives me eye fatigue. I think a lot of people are with me on that.

Actually it does the complete opposite, and I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone besides you say this. If I may ask, have your ever even tried a 120/144 Hz LCD or a CRT that could go up to 240 Hz? With CRTs, 60 Hz was unusable due to the flicker. You had to run at least 85 Hz if you wanted any chance for your eyes to survive.

• 4 weeks later...

I would be cautious to use this--While I found a good overclock Hz and it worked for a few months eventually my monitor started turning off by itself every hour or so. After turning off the overclock, it still happened but the problem disappeared after a month. Be careful

Back in the days I used extensively utils for raising the refresh rate for CRT monitors, and the results were excellent, with sharpness due to more pictures per second and there was virtually no side effects in monitor lifespan or other defects. Is there some more tech info for doing this to LCDs, will it make ther lifespan shorter or not?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I decide to try and overclock my y510p which came with LG mate FHD LCD and used the CRU utility without any success :( None of my custom resolutions show up in advanced settings, just the default 60Hz. I tried everything i could think of, even running it as admin, and nothing succeeded. Any ideas what needs to be done to make this work? I'm on Windows 8.1 Pro.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have the TLB2 matte monitor and I can hit 84Hz. But anything over 60Hz gives me red and green flashing pixels at random areas on the screen. Anyone know what's going on with this? Apart from the flashing pixels everything else is stable. This is what it looks like.. post-36843-14495000462567_thumb.jpg

Edit: ends up the display connector wasn't connecting fully. I just taped a bit of folded paper to hold it in place.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/7/2016 at 5:13 AM, Centurion said:

I could reach 81hz with my y510p.Dont know if it is glossy screen or matte but when i try 82 it goes black.because 81 is max I think it is the matte screen.So is it harmful to overclock the lcd ?

You can't tell the difference between glossy and matte??? J/k j/k

Most likely matte since 80Hz seems to be the common limit for that panel and 100Hz for glossy. But YMMV as with any kind of OC. I was lucky to have a panel that can do 120Hz (see above).

I haven't heard of any horror stories resulting from LCD overclocking.

Edited by octiceps

I was able to OC my display but started noticing abnormalities in text and icons. They would appear "8-bit" and when I moved my cursor over them they would refresh themselves and appear normal. Restarting didn't fix my issue and upon going into the Windows 8.1 settings menus text wouldn't display at all. Even moving the cursor over where I knew text was supposed to show up nothing would show up.

• 4 months later...