GTX 860M OC vs GTX 870M stock

sepukku

I am looking to get myself my first gaming laptop and it seems like the only reasonable choice would be an Asus G750 (JS or JM). I can get a JS with 1200 eur whereas a Clevo - same configuration would cost me 1500+ EUR shipped and and MSI roughly the same as Clevo. For the 1000 EUR i can only get an MSI with i5 and 15" screen only but I'd like a bigger display (the laptop itself will be a desktop replacement).

I'm curious how well does an o/c GTX 860M hold against a stock or mild o/c GTX 870M. It seems that with a certain vbios mod there are users that can push the clock of a Maxwell GTX 860M by 250-300 stable and the memory by 500-600 (1000-1200 effective!!), bringing the 2 cards toe to toe in benchmarks. But there is scarce to none info about how well do they perform in real world aka gaming. And by the look of the specs I can't imagine how they would be in the same league.

So I started this thread with the goal of filling it with that info. So I invite the GTX 860M o/c owners to feel free and post any relevant info that would help us have a better understanding about the gaming capabilities of the 2 cards.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder what the video card meets the performance gtx 870m? Nobody met a comparison of the performance of video cards the normal version and mobile?

Video card in this series not bad overclock on PC. Perhaps if you try, you can improve performance 860m, but will cope with the heat removal cooling system.