bOObies custom cooler

i was inspire to make this cooler after seeing this thread. http://www.**************/t/1388872/guide-how-to-make-a-high-air-flow-laptop-cooling . i have a cnc router at work and some 1/8" thick aluminum so i decided to make the base from scratch. I went to my local electronics store to find the highest cfm rated fans they had and found these 200mm nzxt fn-200, later on i read some reviews on them that say they die out easily but still i decided to gave them a try anyways. i have an old sf-19 notebook cooler that my kids broke the fan so i decided to use the stepless fan controller from that instead of buying a new fan controller, plus i'm a cheap ass anyways. after designing the cutouts, i had them cut out on my cnc router . once cut, i counter sunk the screw holes for the fans. gave it a test run and everything went smooth, so i used a metal break to add in the bends then put everything together again and this is what i got so far. atm i have it sanded down, thinking about painting it or maybe even powder coating it, just haven't decided on the color scheme yet. also planning on adding some lighting to it to make the "tech inferno" glow, was just planning on using the old sf-19 leds but they were burnt out. i'll keep everyone posted when i put the finishing touches on t, but so far i'm pretty happy with it, even tho this project blows :13_002:.

23lgsba.jpg

jhwpok.jpg

35a2hy9.jpg

2utkwsg.jpg

33acdjs.jpg

wivyup.jpg

dx0oep.jpg

20zb6mo.jpg

oo9yh.jpg

kcm077.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9

haven't done any major testing and i'm still at work. but here is a sample of temps with cpu at full load for 30 mins, tetris really puts alot of load on the cpu, lols. new system with stock paste. dam these 4940mx run friggin hot. looks like i need to repaste.

post-100-14494998101837_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Would you be able to sell and/or make one of those for any of us? say if i kicked you some money for the raw materials and your time/efforts, have you use the same cutout specs, even just the parts that requires the CNC machine. if you wouldn't wanna build the whole thing I'd love to finish it myself as well.

Thanks for the contribution! Love the pics/ idea for one of those things.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah! Boobies could make a killing selling these. I'd buy one off of you for sure. Been looking around for a high airflow cooler for a while now. Was gonna go the Cooler Master U3 + aftermarket fans route but this looks way better.

i'm not sure that i would make a killing, with materials and labor your looking at a very expensive one off cooler. i'm not officially done with this project yet, still need to figure out mounts for fan controller and cable management. prolly will need to but a new fan controller instead of using the sf-19 one just for better looks but haven't' decide yet. just shoot me a pm, ill see what i can do with the cnc and bending stuff but no promises.

• Thumbs Up 2