NVIDIA Quadro K5100M CLEVO VBIOS

LightningPL

I removed the Geforce 980m and replaced it with the K5100M in my Clevo P770-ZM

The card worked right away without having to modify anything. The K5100M was an HP card bought off Amazon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16412[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16414[/ATTACH]

Not all external screen outputs will work with HP vBIOS...

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

How do I download the ClevoK5100M.zip vBIOS file? I have a membership but when I follow the link I get a message that I do not have a permission to get the file. Thanks.

Hi guys, I need some help on the best method to flash vBIOS on a Dell OEM K5100M card destined into a Clevo P750ZM.

The P750Zm will not even boot with this card as far as I can tell. I think because in this motherboard the video card inside the CPU is totally bypassed and the laptop relies in the video card which does not work. All I get is a blank screen. Plugging an external monitor does not work either... as expected with a non-working card.

I created a bootable FreeDOS drive and tried blind typing the required commands for nvflash but this did not work. I am not sure if the flash  utility is not compatible with FreeDOS or if something else went wrong.

My question is HOW would I go about flashing this card in my situation? Is there a workaround? Or do I need to find another laptop to put it in and flash it there? I need preferably an idea proven to work, that someone has actually used.

Thanks.

Hello

I buy a nvidia quadro K5100m clevo 8gb and I to receive it in about a week.

I will use the 3D modeling work with that card.

I have an MSI GT70 and I would like to know is there an MSI vbios for K5100M compliant MSI GT60 / GT70.

I galley to find one vbios modded but fit the MSI GT70.

Thank you in advance for any help.

@yayatwiste i believe this would be a risky swap. you sure the Clevo K5100M kit supported on your GT70?

There's going to be a hardware dependencies i believe, not just by Flashing it.

for a $1500 MXM mobile GPU, you could've just bought a full set eGPU with recent GTX cards :)

@ssamydla

The Egpu is not very convenient for me in mobility.

Map mxm Quadro K5100m 8GB, listen to my 660USD .

View on ebay link below MSI GT60 with GPU as K5000m
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-Gaming-GT60-16F41-Custom-i7-4710MQ-250GB-SSD-1TB-32GB-Quadro-K5000M-4G-/151875368410?hash=item235c7a35da:g:TeoAAOSw5VFWOnof

So obviously there is a GPU vbios MSI for example K5000M

Tien still under WT70 quadro k5100m it is possible to see ebay
the link here :
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MSI-WT70-Laptop-Workstation-i7-4-00GHz-32GB-Quadro-K5100M-CAM-CAD-W7-PRO-/162097579992

So necessarily MSI vbios for K5100m quadro exists somewhere .
Edited by yayatwiste

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2015 at 3:34 PM, Bloetschkopf said:

Yes,iK5100M is working in GT60,Today i change the INF by myself for GT70,is the same Barebone.

Here the Vbios with MSI Subvendor ID and the INF.

Is for the Driver 353.30

K5100M.zip

nv_dispwi.zip

Hello there, I´m new on this fórum and i would like to know if you can help me out...

I have a K5100m  (from a dell laptop) and i want to use on my MSI GT70-20D.

I already tried but i had several issues because when i connect the 2nd monitor to the hdmi the computer goes crazy and stops working...

I saw your post and was wondering if you still have the vBios files you posted here...

thanks

1 hour ago, Bloetschkopf said:

Hello

I think the Problem is the Dell Vbios,You can download the Zip above with the modified Vbios or You try this from HP:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=Uploads&manufacturer=&model=Quadro+K5100M&interface=&memType=&memSize=

Thanks a Lot...

I´m not able to download the files on your post. Probably because i´m a new user...

I will see if i can get them so that i can try again my vídeo card...

After i test it i will let you guys know....

Thanks

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 1:19 PM, Bloetschkopf said:

Hello

I think the Problem is the Dell Vbios,You can download the Zip above with the modified Vbios or You try this from HP:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=Uploads&manufacturer=&model=Quadro+K5100M&interface=&memType=&memSize=

Hello there,

I was able to install your vBios file on my K5100M / MSI GT-70, but now the hdmi port is not working...

Anyone has any ideas on how to fix this?

I will see if installing the clevo vBios will make it work, but i would like to know if anyone has any other idea / suggestion that might help me out...

Thanks

Here is a silly question to the experts:

Is there any way that we can change the SubVendor ID from the Windows registry so that when we try to install the nvidia driver without having to modify the .inf file in the driver’s package?

I´m no expert on this, and i´m sorry if this is a dumm question...

I don't know if the driver installer reads the windows registry or if it reads any other info when we start installation....

Thanks

hello guys...

So, I made several tests, and flashes, and digging, etc... And nothing…Still no way to make the K5100M working on my GT70...

Today I was able to test the K5100M in a Dell M6800, and it turns out that the card is Fu********d.....

I think that guy who sold me this already knew the issues....

Anyway, it seems that my laptop is OK, and after throwing that money to the trash, now I need to see if I can get a new card....

If anyone here has a K5100M / K4100M that wish to sell, let me know... If its a good price we can make business...

Thanks for the time