new laptop help 2014

juttek

Question

6 answers to this question

but the Asus nb have a lot of problems... I have a friend that had to repair/CHANGE the MB of some 17" Asus gaming NB... And he has it for a year and a half (Bought jan 2013, or smth). Big, bulky, tha case has loose ends... the matte finish will wear of badly after a year....

They don't have that build quality. Search other forums. Go for an Alienware. Go for a Precision. Go for a MBP that has the Tunderbolt stuff and can connect to some eGPU. There are even good Thinkpads... but they also suffer some flaws. The more you pay the better you get.

As of right now, I would suggest the Lenovo Y50. The Y500 (the Y50's predecessor) was highly recommended for a long while, and from what I've heard, the Y50 is even better. However, I suggest sticking with the 1080p version. For one, 4K is naturally overkill on a 15 incher. But, worse--Windows has very wishy-washy 4K support, so I wouldn't count on it. A good model will be about $1k.