GeForce 340.52 WHQL

J95

The new GeForce Game Ready driver, release 340.52 WHQL, allows GeForce owners to continue to have the ultimate gaming experience. With this release, GeForce gamers can take advantage of GameStream technology to stream their favorite PC games to the new SHIELD tablet or SHIELD portable. In addition, this Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience for Metro: Redux and Final Fantasy XIV (China).

Game Ready

Best gaming experience for Metro: Redux and Final Fantasy XIV (China)

SHIELD

Supports NVIDIA GameStream™ technology for the new SHIELD tablet and SHIELD portable

Gaming Technology

Supports GeForce ShadowPlay™ technology and GeForce ShadowPlay™ Twitch Streaming

Application Profiles

• Enemy Front - added Direct 9 SLI profile

• Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare - added additional EXE

3D Vision Profiles

• Blackguards - rated as “Fair”

• Enemy Front - rated as “Not Recommened”

• Eterium - rated as “Excellent”

• Heldric - The legend of the shoemaker - rated as “Good”

• LEGO The Hobbit - rated as “Fair”

• Murdered Soul Suspect - rated as “Fair”

• Port Royale 3 - rated as “Good”

• Project Root - rated as “Excellent”

3D Compatibility Mode Support

Support for 3D Compatibility Mode has been added for the following games:

• Enemy Front - rated as “Not Recommended”

• Murdered Soul Suspect - rated as “Excellent”

Software Modules

• NVIDIA PhysX System Software - version 9.13.1220

• HD Audio Driver - version 1.3.30.1

• GeForce Experience - 15.3.13.0

Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 340.52

• [4k Tiled Display]: Occasionally, the system may lock up or the NVIDIA Control Panel controls may fail on a 4k tiled display when running 3D applications. [200004523]

• Chrome browser fails to render content after a period of use. [1447322]

• [GeForce GT 430]: There is no HDMI audio unless it is turned OFF and then back ON through the NVIDIA Control Panel. [1251112]

Desktop:

Windows 7/8/8.1 32-bit: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/340.52/340.52-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-32bit-english-whql.exe

Windows 7/8/8.1 64-bit: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/340.52/340.52-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql.exe

Notebook:

Windows 7/8/8.1 32-bit: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/340.52/340.52-notebook-win8-win7-32bit-international-whql.exe

Windows 7/8/8.1 64-bit: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/340.52/340.52-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally after more than two months since the last WHQL. :) Let's see how this one performs since I had to revert from the 340.43 BETA to the 337.88 WHQL driver, because the beta never worked correctly with Nvidia Surround enabled on my Asus MarsII (GTX 580 SLI)...

"Best gaming experience for Metro: Redux" Lol, when I look at the release notes, Nvidia should still fix some issues on Metro2033 and MetroLL :anonymous::hopelessness::rolleyes::emmersed:

• Thumbs Up 1

I am typing away on 120hz on my Alienware 18 at last. I am back on the original vBIOS to rule that out, but I will flash the unlocked vBIOS again soon (since it seems pretty clear this issue was unrelated to that.) Since this worked, I wonder if I will be losing out on performance benefits on the later drivers (314.22 came out a few months before the 780m was released.) This is a good interim solution for me, but in your opinion, what's the long term play here? It seems like these BenQ monitors (XL2420Z) might just have weird compatibility issues with mobile nVidia cards.

BTW, is it worth seeing if using the dual DVI port of the monitor changes anything? I was going to buy a dual DVI to mini-DP active adapter.

@cr0t3x post here (@ManuelIG).

Wait a couple of hours then bump your thread and re-post on the main thread (v340.52).

• 3 weeks later...
this version does not come with cuda? because I installed last week and video converters not detect the video card supports cuda as if they did it before. I have a gtx770m

Not CUDA but NVCUVENC encoder. Since v340.43 NVCUVENC has been replaced by NVENC API.

I've modded v340.52 for both NVCUVENC & NVENC support http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m17x-aw-17/3702-m17x-r3-gpu-upgrade-gtx-780m-31.html#post100570

Device manager -> display adapters -> details -> hardware Ids. Post results.

my ids.

plz, help me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12298[/ATTACH]

- Uninstall current drivers.

- Win8.1 -> disable driver signing.

- Download GeForce 340.52 WHQL

- Extract w/ 7-Zip/Winrar.

* Display.Driver folder -> copy/overwrite nvami.inf

- Display.Driver copy/paste both nvcuvenc32.dl_ & nvcuvenc64.dl_(don't copy nvdmi.inf) http://forum.techinferno.com/attachments/alienware-m17x-aw-17/12290d1408683897-nvdmi.inf_v340.52_nvcuvenc.dll_new_all_aw_models.zip

- Display.Driver copy/overwrite nvdmi.inf (nvdmi.inf_v340.52_NVCUVENC_Mod_DEV.11E0.213E.1043)

- Extracted Nvidia 340.52...International\ run setup.exe

@sekilo004 new instructions, copy/overwrite modded nvami.inf or installer will fail.

nvdmi.inf_v340.52_NVCUVENC_Mod_DEV.11E0.213E.1043.zip

nvami.inf.zip

and followed your instructions and still no detect me cuda

EDIT: sorry, i dont see the new instructions.

You skipped something, with previous instructions result should have been "Failed: Missing files". Atención...:)

- Uninstall drivers using DDU Clean and restart option / safe mode

- Win8 -> disable driver signing

- Extract downloaded driver v340.52 with 7-Zip/Winrar

- Display.Driver folder copy/paste all files (4) PM.

- Extracted Nvidia 340.52...International\ run setup.exe.