M17X R4 upgrade GTX 675M to GTX 880M

Rotax

Sorry i post my problem here because, i think i post my old post in the wrong place...

Hello !

I recently changed my video card GTX 675 to GTX 880 and my problem is the bios don't detected the new card and windows neither. But when i analyse my computer by ma-config.com, i found my card >>post-28269-14494998010575_thumb.png

All old driver nvidia was deleted with windows and DriverCleaner Pro. Nothing was installed... And my GTX 880 always doesn't detected... The Fan of GPU/CPU running... And i running actualy with Graphique Card VGA standard.

My Question is : Do you think if i install a BIOS A11 unlock and choose PCI/AGP chipset, i detected it ? Or any other solution with my problem ?

Please, help! Thank you very much!

P.S. I am French, sorry for my poor english...

Arf it doesn't work.

I replace in .inf file "nvdmi" 1198 = GTX 880M with 0551= M17X R4, NTamd64 and strings but the driver don't run...

NTamd64 6.1 > NTamd64 - HostingPics.net - Hbergement d'images gratuit

Strings > Strings - HostingPics.net - Hbergement d'images gratuit

Hardware List > Hardware - HostingPics.net - Hbergement d'images gratuit

I run with Official A12 bios...

Soooooo

I tried this :

By J95 (thank to him) :

- Download A11 Driver Details | Dell US - done ! No result

- Connect the power cord - right click -> Run as Administrator M17R4A13WIN64 - done ! No result

- Unlocked A11 BIOS flash, Method 2 (FPT) Bootable DOS USB Drive (files included) [M17x R4] - 'unlocked' BIOS versions - done !

A11 Unlocked BIOS -> Advanced Menu>Disable IGP (Integrated Graphics)>Set Display to PEG>F10 save&exit - done !

Unlocked BIOS.

- Unplug power cord

- Remove battery

- Hold power button for 30 seconds

- Remove CMOS coin battery (next to GPU fan)

- Remove gtx 770m -> 2 screws only, there's no need to remove the heat sink.

- Reinsert CMOS battery

- Plug power cord

- Power on -> Beeps -> hold power button until shutdown.

- Power on -> F2 -> disable the integrated graphics - Second Advanced Menu -> Video Configuration -> disable IGP -> set display to PEG -> Exit menu 'Save Without Exit' -> shutdown.

- Reinsert gtx 770m.

- Power ON -> F2 -> shutdown.

- Reinsert Battery.

....Nothing...

By svl7 (thank you too) :

- modify some files to get the driver to install, see here: [Guide] Modding Nvidia OEM INF Files - done ! Not Work

- try the attached file. >> nvdmi.zip - done ! Not Work

So now the sreen and photo :

Please Help !

What do you mean with "it does not work"? That really doesn't give us any information at all. At least post the error messages you get when installing the drivers.

Don't forget that you'll need to override the driver signature enforcement.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 11 months later...

hi every one, i replace M17r4 gtx 680m with 880m , flash bios OC , and run with driver 344.75 , every maybe ok , temp ok ( max 80 oC fullload ) . BUT , my vga throttle :( , on gtx680 , Farcry 4 run stable ... but 88m , fps unstable , 34 -44- 50 -60- 45 -55 .... >.< . Help :(

• 6 months later...

Hello.

I did switch from 675 to 880. I got alienware m17 r4 did all steps as listed. After inserting 880 in device manager the device number was 1198 and pc model 0551. But i couldnt install drivers. I noticad that i didnt:

Unplug power cord

- Remove battery

- Hold power button for 30 seconds

- Remove CMOS coin battery (next to GPU fan)

- Remove gtx 770m -> 2 screws only, there's no need to remove the heat sink.

- Reinsert CMOS battery

- Plug power cord

- Power on -> Beeps -> hold power button until shutdown.

- Power on -> F2 -> disable the integrated graphics - Second Advanced Menu -> Video Configuration -> disable IGP -> set display to PEG -> Exit menu 'Save Without Exit' -> shutdown.

- Reinsert gtx 770m.

- Power ON -> F2 -> shutdown.

- Reinsert Battery.

So i did it .After turning computer on in device manager nr of my pc changed from 0551 to 0580. I tried to install drivers. It did start but aftert short it stops saying that installation was unsuccessful. I did try again to remove battery, hold power buton etc.. but in the end when i turn it on id does beep. And its tur off imidietly not like earlier when i had to keep pressing power button to turn it off. So i did remove batteries, hold power for 30 sec. Computer starts but thers no graphic adapter in device manager with both 880 or 675 installed. Is there any hope for my comuter ?