[Solved] 6970m is preventing system from POST after flashing vbios

svl7

Well, it involves pretty tiny SMD soldering, desoldering... you need a very fine solder tip for this, or a hot air station... check out the pics here, it shows the desoldered chip: Recovering a notebook GPU from a bad VBIOS flash | Tech|InfernoIf you don't have the equipment the best thing would be going to a local electronic shop, they should be able to do the soldering for you. If you haven't done such small soldering before it's very likely that you kill your card. I addition to this you need to work with ESD protection...

I'll PM about the chip.

• 1 year later...

Hi, svl7!

I read your article about flashing chip and want to ask you about my situation. I have a videocard Clevo 7970m with the same chip pm25ld010 (but next two strings on it have another numbers). My ASUS G73Jh dosen't work with this card and current vBIOS. When I try to turn on computer, two lights are blinking - CAPS and NUM and northing :(. Then notebook turns off. So I can't flash vBIOS with DOS. I have correct vBIOS (*.rom file). It was tested by another people, who made such upgrade on G73Jh. Can you give some advice for this situation? My soldering skills are not perfect :( Can I send my card to you?

Thanks.

Sure you can, but cheaper, easier and faster would be if I simply sent you a programmed chip and you find someone who can do the soldering for you.

Ok, thanks for fast replay!

Do you have this chip? Is it necessary that other number strings on your chip coincide with original?

• 2 months later...
Sent you an email.

hey svl7 ive killed my 6990M today with Ati WinFLash...everything was ok i didnt even changed anything i just got a Error while flashing...any change we get it back to life?

i could not find your email to contact you and i am not able to msg you on forum since i am new member =/ could i get urs?

• 2 months later...

Hi svl7, today my laptop stopped working after bad flash with atiwinflash. Now i've a muin chip programmer, do you know if i can flash the chip whith it or i need the same programmer you have? Thanks in advance.