[Solved] 6970m is preventing system from POST after flashing vbios

svl7

These are two very good thoughts. About the eeprom chips on the GPU board, no, there's only one, and no free solder joint for another one.

I'll look into a programmer, hope I can a cheap one that works for my chip, or for a different, compatible IC which I can buy easily.

You can't find cheap programmer for pm25ld010. Minato model 1882, beeprog2, dataman vpro etc. is compatible with the chip mentioned but it cost almost $1000 +!!

look for ezp2010, there is lot selling in ebay just pick the cheapest one, it is compatible with pm25lv010, i don't know if it works on pm25ld010.

have you tried jumper/bridged thing method??...

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3968672&postcount=2

Edited by kingkong8
  • Thumbs Up 1

You can't find cheap programmer for pm25ld010. Minato model 1882, beeprog2, dataman vpro etc. is compatible with the chip mentioned but it cost almost $1000 +!!

look for ezp2010, there is lot selling in ebay just pick the cheapest one, it is compatible with pm25lv010, i don't know if it works on pm25ld010.

Ok, cool. That's also one of the programmers which I found when I searched for "SPI programmer" yesterday... I'll look into the datasheets of the ICs, check what equipment I can use at the university and then I may get one to try it.

Yes, thank you, I'll look into it, found this link yesterday, see my previous post ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

No, I haven't tried it yet. Have to look up the atiflash commands first (in case I can bypass the GPU at POST), and I need time as well :D Maybe I can try it tomorrow, I like the idea of this little hack, but I'm still a bit sceptical, lol. Don't want to really fry the card. It's not easy to make sure that the wires don't accidentally short something...

No, I haven't tried it yet. Have to look up the atiflash commands first (in case I can bypass the GPU at POST), and I need time as well :D Maybe I can try it tomorrow, I like the idea of this little hack, but I'm still a bit sceptical, lol. Don't want to really fry the card. It's not easy to make sure that the wires don't accidentally short something...

Youre right, the chip is so small and can't even put wires in bare hand.. it must need tools putting wires to avoid short circuit..

have you contact Kris? Is he reply with your concern?..

That's not unusal, he's pretty busy I guess. I'm not in a big hurry since I should study instead of playing games :D

If it was really urgent I would've bombed him with emails, lol.

Thanks!! Yeah me too... but I somehow got interested in being able to reprogramm it myself... could be useful for future experiments, hahaha. So I'm looking at this option as well.

I'll ask my supply chain :D as i was not able to find it on ebay.

btw: did you flash'd your card with the atiwinflash ?? or dos usb ati flash ??

winflash has killed my cards once... flashing was complete but no boot :S . When i read the eprom from the writer i've seen FF FF FF FF like everywhere. Winflash managed to erase the chip, but forgot put the new firmware in it...

Edited by AssimilatorX

Great, thanks! I've only found the PM25LV010 on ebay, should theoretically work. I'll probably buy a cheap programmer which works on the PM25LV010 and see whether it can also programm the LD... if not I can still get a PM25LV010 and try it on the GPU.

Great, thanks! I've only found the PM25LV010 on ebay, should theoretically work. I'll probably buy a cheap programmer which works on the PM25LV010 and see whether it can also programm the LD... if not I can still get a PM25LV010 and try it on the GPU.

i guess pm25lv010 chip will work, you can use it as replacement for pm25ld010. but you will miss double output features which LD have, where you can use your laptop LCD as external monitor.

What do you mean exactly with loosing double output feature? I thought vbios gets read from the eeprom and copied in the system at boot and that's it...?

Anyway, I ordered a cheap programmer yesterday which is capable of flashing PM25LV010 ICs and some of these chips. If I'm lucky it works with a PM25LD010 as well... they're almost identical according to the datasheets, also the SPI Modes are the same...

• Thumbs Up 1

A cheap one, shipping from China afaik, "EZP2010" is the name if I remember correctly. Should at least work for the PM25LV010, and it's really cheap, especially because the Dollar is so cheap. Shipping will take a while though.

• Thumbs Up 1

SVL7 you could get paid to fix badly flashed cards. Anyone would pay a little to save a card that was hundreds of dollars. you could be the official Tech Inferno video card reprogrammer.

Edited by mw86

Yeah :D In case I'm successful I'll write a guide, and I'd definitely be willing to help anyone, but the programmer needs to be compatible of course...

First of all I need to get it working.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just checked the tracking number for the package with the programmer... and it's headed to Australia, lol. I can only hope that the seller gave me the wrong number...!