decent ssd?

iDesign

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Id love to go SSD but even 256 gig, is just meeting the lower limit. Also opening up my laptop again scares me, broke a huge sweat putting paste on the CPU.

Get a 128 or 256Gb M.2 then just a 512Gb 2.5" and you're near the 1tb that came with it only it'll be actually FAST

I have a samsung 840pro 256gb and an Intel 520 series 256gb currently but I'm considering ordering a nice big m.2 drive. I can't find ANY valid information comparing the speeds so I really don't know which drive I'd want to use as the boot/primary

Get a 128 or 256Gb M.2 then just a 512Gb 2.5" and you're near the 1tb that came with it only it'll be actually FAST

From what i read on the webs I may or may not have the the m.2 slot on my y510p. Will I have to open it up to find out?

They will both fit in the internal bay? Can I add on the M.2 to the existing drive? I did not see extra SATA ports when I opened up my y510p

M.2 drive has it's own special slot. Before you try to be an internet smart guy you should actually READ what a person is telling you. I never said anything about using additional SATA. M.2

Yes, I googled it after I posted. My bad. You sound confident the slot will be there?

You need to check if your y510p has a ssd slot, as there are rumours of some y510p's not having the ssd slot. Mine does have the slot.

- - - Updated - - -

11kf6kn.jpg

I just gave my wife my Y510p (GT755m SLI) and put a Corsair ForceGT 240GB I got as a refurb from MicroCenter in. I loaded Win7 Pro (we have much hate for 8), and I put the 1GB hybrid Seagate in my new (to me) Y580. The Corsair screams in the Y510p and I had no issues installing and configuring it (in Legacy mode of course).

• 2 weeks later...
I have the lenovo y510p.

Boot times are not its best point.

What are people's recommendations on a good ssd?

Thanks!

Lets say you have files. You also have the need for speed. Nothing like good overkill: Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Single Unit Version Internal Solid State Drive MZ-7TE1T0BW: Computers & Accessories