Please help removing the original OS and Install Windows7

hoonie79

Hello,

I have Windows 8.1 Installed on this laptop and a USB thumb drive that has Windows7 image installed. I wanted to boot up my system to usb so I can install Windows7 to this machine, but I couldn't. Normally, other computers I have would let me choose how I would like to boot, but this one will just go straight to Windows 8. I have tried del, f1~12 buttons when lenovo screen comes up during start up. But it wouldn't let me. =(

First you have to make sure the USB is bootable. This means either changing BIOS mode from UEFI to Legacy, or making the drive UEFI-bootable, depending on whether you want a normal or UEFI installation of Windows 7. Personally, I'd recommend UEFI. Then you can go into the boot menu when the machine starts up, select your USB drive, and start the Windows installation process.

BIOS is F2, boot menu is F12, and both can be accessed by pressing the Novo button (small button next to the power jack) when the laptop is turned off.

You make your usb stick bootable, then plug it in, restart your laptop and enter on bios.

There can you see your stick or not at hdd section?

If not - try with another stick.

If yes - just restart the laptop and choose option at the start - BOOT FROM....