Best PSU for i7 3940em - clevo p151em

m00nspeell

^ This, I've got an 17-4810qm w/ gtx 880m, using a 180W psu, I think stock clocks already push the boundaries a bit - 122W + 43W gives 15W for the screen and all other stuff... obviously I never reach 122W, it throttles well before then.

I have seen 278w at my wall measured with a Kill-a-watt. The rating on my power brick is Efficiency Level V which is 87%. This means my laptop was pulling 241w out of my 230w power brick. Fortunately, my P170SM-A has a 4-pin connector and the larger 330w power bricks work. I have a 330w ordered that will be here on Monday.

My point is if you push it a 230w supply is not enough.

Is it possible to get 1 pin/standard connectors or adapters for a 230W power brick? I've only got a single pin connector and it seems all psu's over 200W use the 4 pin connector. Was wondering if any manufacturers do single pins for higher powers since 230W -shouldn't- be too dangerous through a single pin jack... if not does anyone know of any 4-pin to 1-pin adapters/mods?

I need to get a better power supply by the looks if it too. I'm pushing my 180w so much, it completely crashes and I need to replug it. May be a problem with the power socket in the wall as well.

Ive just ordered a dell pa-9e 240w adapter for my setup (i7-4810, gtx 880m) I'll post my findings when I receive it.

That's a good PSU. You shouldn't have any problems with it (besides having to swap the cable).

I did find a adapter for the cable, cost like $3. I figure I would try that, make sure it can handle the through put. If it can, it will save me from having to tear the two PSU's apart, and breaking out my soldering gun. If not, owell, i'll just solder it on the base, and be done.