GT 70 GTX 770M downgrade to GTX680M

hans123

Unfortunately i haven't got a chance to test the card in a other notebook...and nobody of my friends have such a gaming notebokk with the right slot.

when it "freezes" is the screen blank ? white or black ? Or you can still see the screen normally ?

if its blank, the GPU is probably dead/dying. - I had two of these... once drivers installed, random freezes/shutdowns.

Try to reseat it (take it out and put it back in), try different drivers... why are you trying to make something work with BETA drivers ?

when it "freezes" is the screen blank ? white or black ? Or you can still see the screen normally ?

if its blank, the GPU is probably dead/dying. - I had two of these... once drivers installed, random freezes/shutdowns.

Try to reseat it (take it out and put it back in), try different drivers... why are you trying to make something work with BETA drivers ?

To Nvidia there is zero difference between a beta and WHQL driver. WHQL just means that Nvidia paid money for a sticker from microsoft, so there's no reason not to use a beta if it's the latest.

To Nvidia there is zero difference between a beta and WHQL driver. WHQL just means that Nvidia paid money for a sticker from microsoft, so there's no reason not to use a beta if it's the latest.

Well there is a lot of complains every time some new driver is released. While you are right, there still might be a chance something isnt behaving as expected, especially when we are putting gpus into laptops not designed for them.

Worst case that happened to me with beta drivers was overheating though. I do understand it should work, I'm just trying to help him eliminate everything possible to fin the core of the problem.

It might be vbios. But since we dont know how exactly do these freezes look like, we cant be sure.. might as well be RAM stick or bad sector on HDD...

Hi

I had similiar problema but it didnt freeze only get a error during installion.

I found these and it work:

NOTE: If you are using Windows 8, you need to disable Driver Signature Enforcement (you need to

do this for any unsigned driver -aka beta drivers- also.)

I think the gpu is dead... so worse..

Hope not, i think maybe the last thing you can do is taliking to svet see what he thinks, and if it is vbios he makes one for you, im going ask him to did one for me since im having also some troubles with my card...

I don't think anyone wants to buy a possibly dead card. If you want you can send it to me and I'll test it. Shipping should be reasonably from where you live.

I dunno, I'm in Switzerland, check with your favorite shipping service. Shipping it back will cost about 16-19€, depending on the option and packaging.

When it comes to vbios stuff, that guy is only copying other people's work... and charging money for it. Just saying.

I know he asks for donate, im kind of new in this stuf, and i dont know no one else that make vbios, thats why i talk about svet.

Its to bad that your gpu is like that, well mine is also strange im trying to get a vbios for it but its hard.

Best luck

I know he asks for donate, im kind of new in this stuf, and i dont know no one else that make vbios, thats why i talk about svet.

Its to bad that your gpu is like that, well mine is also strange im trying to get a vbios for it but its hard.

Best luck

Sorry svl7 im sorry i notice know that you also make a lot of bios and vbios, im new in the forum and i dont came here very often anyway, i did talk about svet since that what i read in other forums no mean to desrespect your work or his...

thank you

If the error on the driver installer was that it cannot find a compatible card, use safe mode with installing enabled. THen use the nvidia uninstaller tool from their forums, reboot. then check in device manager to see if any system devices have a yellow triangle next to them, usually pci express controller, and uninstall that. Basically all this does is reset the settings as the default microsoft/intel driver is automatically reinstalled. Reboot again and try to run the installer now. Safe mode everytime, google for th registry change to allow installing in safe mode.

Hello today i get a gtx 780m card but i can`t get it working every time i get the error can*t find compatible graphic hardware..... I have done everything like you explained in your tutorial but no luck... please can you mod the inf file again would be so nice! Please the same inf file as you use for the gtx 680m.

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_119F&SUBSYS_05AA1462&REV_A1

@svl7 do you speak german ? i have a little (big) problem, and i want to send you a PN, but your Postbox is full... i have a big german text for you, in the hope, that you can help... GTX780M vBIOS Problem.

@hans123 I easily installed just a original MSI GTX780M in a GT60 0NC (MS-16F3). It only works for Windows 7 and I had to flash the latest BIOS.

• 2 months later...