780M 4g compared with 880M 8g

I know the basics are the same comparing the two cards and other then double the VRAM the cards are basically just a rebrand. That being said, I really wish my 780's ran at the stock clock speeds the 880 runs at.

1) Is this absolutely doable? If so will it be putting a large strain on the cardS GPU and Memory? I was hoping to try to flash the780M using the custom bios on this website, but everytime I try I fail miserably, I have posted over 5 posts and still can't download any files from this site. I can't private message anyone and I can't seem to find how to just pay money to get the custom files.

just alittle backround i have a

i7 4930MX processor currently running alienware 18 stock bios A8 Level 1 overclock. 32gigs of ram, two 512 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro in Raid 0, and two GTX 780M's In SLI, completly stock. I did download afterburner , but never changed anything. I really jus twant my two video cards to run at the same speeds the new 880M's are stock running at. Not sure if thats a easy fix. If so someone please help me out. Thank you very much. I have had the laptop since last august and have yet to have it run correctly. Once it went on fire and they had to replace it completely while i was at work

While you may have had 5 posts, those posts must be approved before you can download.

The 780m can easily meet and exceed the 880m stock clocks. A 780m at 880m clocks with the custom bios will actually perform better than the 880m since throttling is removed in the custom bios.

While waiting you can still overclock some. You can add 135MHz on the core before hitting the BIOS limit, which is removed on svl7's custom BIOS. You should be able to get the memory up to 5900MHz even without the BIOS mod.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
I know the basics are the same comparing the two cards and other then double the VRAM the cards are basically just a rebrand. That being said, I really wish my 780's ran at the stock clock speeds the 880 runs at.

1) Is this absolutely doable? If so will it be putting a large strain on the cardS GPU and Memory? I was hoping to try to flash the780M using the custom bios on this website, but everytime I try I fail miserably, I have posted over 5 posts and still can't download any files from this site. I can't private message anyone and I can't seem to find how to just pay money to get the custom files.

just alittle backround i have a

i7 4930MX processor currently running alienware 18 stock bios A8 Level 1 overclock. 32gigs of ram, two 512 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro in Raid 0, and two GTX 780M's In SLI, completly stock. I did download afterburner , but never changed anything. I really jus twant my two video cards to run at the same speeds the new 880M's are stock running at. Not sure if thats a easy fix. If so someone please help me out. Thank you very much. I have had the laptop since last august and have yet to have it run correctly. Once it went on fire and they had to replace it completely while i was at work

This video compares the 2 cards head to head stock for stock, and their basically the same. the main difference is the 880m actually run a little hotter. What is suspected the 880m might oc a little better if provided a good cooling solution, but the 780m's do just fine.

• 1 month later...

This video compares the 2 cards head to head stock for stock, and their basically the same. the main difference is the 880m actually run a little hotter. What is suspected the 880m might oc a little better if provided a good cooling solution, but the 780m's do just fine.

That is a good side by side comparison.

As the 780m and the 880m are basicly the same cards (880m with some higher clocks), you

should bwe able to get at least the same performance out of a 780m, if you do the OC right! :pride:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...