[Q] eGPU in Thunderbolt Display daisy chaining?

Torsten

Hey there,

Currently I've daisy chained two thunderbolt displays to my mid 2012 retina macbook pro (with discrete graphics).

Now I want to add an eGPU to my setup but I'm not really sure how / if it will work.

What would be the best way to get this working? I would really like to keep my displays.

I could not find an answer to this question and I'm very new to the whole eGPU thing.

Thanks in advance

Daisy chaining means you are going to share the thunderbolt bandwidth between those devices you connect, so your eGPU is going to run bottlenecked.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Daisy chaining means you are going to share the thunderbolt bandwidth between those devices you connect, so your eGPU is going to run bottlenecked.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I know that I'm sacrificing some performance, but will it actually work or is using a thunderbolt display subject to the same restrictions as using optimus (only works with no discrete graphics) ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.