Watch Dogs stutter

Hi all,

Been playing Watch Dogs crazily lately, though it is more frequently coming up with stutters and sometimes even crashes the game, saying that NVidia display drivers crashed. Running the game on MSI GT70 on Win8 with 8gb RAM and stock GTX680m using NVidia recommended settings. Game running of SSD.

Kinda new to PC gaming, so looking for advice on PC / GPU performance mods or even game config settings.

Thanks

Watchdogs runs like shit on everything, especially on amd hardware. However, my laptop is similar to yours (gt70, 16gb 1600mhz, 4gb 675mx) and while I do get frequent fps drops while driving and overall bad performance, I never had the game crash on me.

Unfortunately it's not optimized for pc hardware yet. If you do a quick search on google you'll see many people raging because of the low fps

AM

red9350, thanks for the note, I have seen some stuff on google about the FPS. So I understand I may not be able to eliminate the stutter, although this has left me wondering if there are any mods / tweaks I can make to my laptop to minimise the impact. Or is it simply, in Watch Dogs case, purely an issue from the game side of things?

Watch Dogs is fairly graphic-heavy. Overclocking my gtx670m lets me play on high settings with little stutter (minus the nights with heavy rain). It's a mix of bad optimisation and power hungry graphics. Fingers crossed for some bug fixing updates!

Apparently they downscaled the game for the PC version and a modder was able to increase the graphics. You can check the kotaku link for more information. Might be worth a try to fix your problem

See Watch Dogs' Hidden Graphics Options In Action

I just installed this mod and it is has actually helped my graphics performance! Was running most settings on medium and still getting stutter, now on high for most and so far so good. Plus it's looking better to boot. Thanks for the tip!

1. Deinstall all your Graphic Drivers + Experience

2. Restart your Computer

3. Download the Latest Graphic driver

4. Install

5. Restart.

6. Install Experience

7. Try it! , thats my way who have fixxed the Problem.

When not please Contact Uplay/Nvidia for more help!

OK, so have been playing around with graphic settings since installing this. Originally was running smooth on high textures and most other settings high, but dammit I want maximum playable graphics levels!! :eagerness:

So far, have got textures on Ultra, Graphics Quality all Ultra except DoF = Off, GPU buffer frames = 3, VSync =1, AA = SMAA. Still driving around testing though early results are promising! :Banane07:

:39_002:

UpdATE: A bit more gameplay and discover stutter is still happening mostly noticeable during driving missions (e.g. fixer) with heavy traffic and/or rain. Sadly, texture setting returned to High, AA off, graphics quality as per High except DoF = Off, LoD and Shadows on Ultra. playable wtih only odd brief stutters, not enough to make me want to smash the PC.

Also, tried the uninstall / reinstall of NVIdia drivers, etc though don't see any noticeable improvement.

Guess this is it until I get round to updating vbios for extra OC.

I'm having the same issues. I even tried overclocking both GPU's and my had my CPU at 4.5ghz and was still getting stuttering everywhere. The only times it seemed to run smoothly was when driving for some reason