Adding SSD to GX70

yttang

Could anyone tell how many MSATA slots are there in GX70 - 3BE?

As there is warranty seal by the local dealer so I can't examine myself. However they offer to install for free, but need me to purchase first. Is Plextor M6M a good choice?

Also, is the original 8GB RAM DDR3 1600Mhz x 1? I can add one more?

• 2 weeks later...

There are two msata slots. If you're laptop does not currently have a SSD they are most likely both unoccupied. Personally I think the Plextor you linked is a bit expensive. I have always had good results with samsung and crucial SSD's. Both the Samsung 840 evo and crucial M500 msata variants can be had for comparably cheaper when you consider the price per/GB. Crucial makes the M550 in msata which boasts better specs at a slightly higher price too. Also as I've mentioned, I've always had good results with both manufacturers with neither companies drive ever failing me.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, just as the others said a ssd is a HUGE improvement in mobile and desktop pc's but don't be cheap because you will then have problems further on i have a 120gb corsair ssd and i've had NO problems at all, greatly recommend them.

The Samsung PRO series would be the best performance you can buy for a laptop, as long as you use the Samsung magician software provided, the rapid mode in the software just knocks the socks off any ssd currently for a laptop, but the rapid mode can only work on 1 SSD in the computer, you cant have it work on two at the same time. I've had transfer rates around 850MB per second.