Much thanks @Chamelleon - yeah the i7-4702 would def be a safe choice as it has the same TDP as the i5 I currently have. It would be my next choice. 

But i7-4800 is the same exact price as the 4702 and is about 15-17% faster,

If someone can confirm if there's no throttling with i7-4700/4800 or any other 47W TDP CPU while dGPU is in use, I would totally go for it..

On 27/09/2016 at 12:07 AM, Tech Inferno Fan said:

Don't know why it disappeared off here. Found an archive at http://web.archive.org/web/20150829044909/http://forum.techinferno.com/throttlestop-realtemp-discussion/6958-haswell-step-backwards-ivy-bridge-i-have-some-shocking-tdp-results.html

I'd say stick with the i7-4702MQ. Dell E6440's cooling system isn't up to dissipating the heat if try to increase UEFI TDP values of the i7-4800MQ processors to allow function in their upper multipliers.

Hey!

I am about to buy a 2nd revision FHD IPS version of E6440 and of course I would exchange the i5 CPU to a quad-core i7, my only problem is that I cannot find suitable 4702MQ CPUs on the market, while there are plenty of 4700-800MQs around. I wanted to read about undervolting these CPUs, but the link is somehow dead, as it was mentioned before, but I cannot find anything even with Wayback Machine. Could you provide/re-open the topic to see your results?

Cheers,

Marton

Great topic that's as I'm finding the 4810MQ hits "Current Limit Throttling" very quickly (even when idling) and as a result the Package TDP never goes up above 23W with a max core frequency of 2.4Ghz and a package temperature of 70°C, which is very odd. Does anyone know of a way to remove that limitation ? Thanks !

Does any one have a problem with iGPU Boost speed? Mine never goes to 1200 under load. Only bounces between 650 and 850.

Also has any one managed to overclock the iGPU succesfully? Uefi values or Intel XTU dont seem to work.

Config is i5 4300m with iGPU only. 2 x 4GB at 1600mhz, Windows 10.

On 7/17/2018 at 7:28 AM, Hellz said:

Does any one have a problem with iGPU Boost speed? Mine never goes to 1200 under load. Only bounces between 650 and 850.

Also has any one managed to overclock the iGPU succesfully? Uefi values or Intel XTU dont seem to work.

Config is i5 4300m with iGPU only. 2 x 4GB at 1600mhz, Windows 10.

you should go to intel HD Graphics Panel and set it to Max Performance, after doing so, mine became full speed (1299 Mhz I think)

Good afternoon I'm new to the forum and also new as owner of a Dell E6440 without dgpu. I would like to put an egpu. I have some doubts More the main doubt and that my notebook has the card exprecard and the bios is updated to version A23. I would have problem with gen2  PCIe speed?

2 hours ago, tisusbr said:

Good afternoon I'm new to the forum and also new as owner of a Dell E6440 without dgpu. I would like to put an egpu. I have some doubts More the main doubt and that my notebook has the card exprecard and the bios is updated to version A23. I would have problem with gen2  PCIe speed?

image.png.be1243381527e599f921d2fcf8609513.pngimage.png.ca42a083092ba970ac52f35f53a680ef.png

Seems to be working @ v21 so it suppose to be working @ v23 as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Many thanks for the reply. I'll look for a good vga for this dell e6440. I'm thinking of a RX 560. And in the eCPPU EXP GDC adapter. Any suggestions for this newbie? Thanks again for the quick reply.

1 hour ago, Chamelleon said:

image.png.be1243381527e599f921d2fcf8609513.pngimage.png.ca42a083092ba970ac52f35f53a680ef.png

Parece estar trabalhando @ v21, então, suponha que esteja funcionando também com @ v23.

I was happy when I saw the gpu-z PCIe x16 image. More I remembered that only the information from the left side to the current band used by the pcie. :)