Gtav on pc

Vezon-7

• 3 weeks later...
Im having a lot of stuttering when driving around. Could my hard drive be the issue? I get good frame rates on the benchmark, but when it comes to driving around the city and loading big sections of it, the game slows right down and chugs along.

I had this issue before with an old hdd (5400rpm/8mb), very slow loading, strange popping textures, and whatnot. Then a change with a newer hdd (7200rpm/16mb) seems to have solved the problems. If it is a SSD it may quite likely even increase your FPS just a bit, and remove all loading problems. Totally worth it IMHO for newer games like GTA V, which have huge open world. :)

I had this issue before with an old hdd (5400rpm/8mb), very slow loading, strange popping textures, and whatnot. Then a change with a newer hdd (7200rpm/16mb) seems to have solved the problems. If it is a SSD it may quite likely even increase your FPS just a bit, and remove all loading problems. Totally worth it IMHO for newer games like GTA V, which have huge open world. :)

Yeah ssd really helps for me at least. I have the y510p with 24gb cache ssd and 1tb 5400rpm hard drive. Also gt755m sli and intel i7-4700mq. I get around 60 fps mostly in Gta V on medium settings so id say it runs pretty well :D. You just have to tweak settings a lot to suit your gpu/ cpu performance and also my loading times are still longgggg xD.

• 3 months later...

Biggest disappointment was optimization for fermi cards. Had no any difference in performance with sli or non sli on 580m's =/ Sli utilization was about 50-60% while one 580m was utilized by 99%, total difference was not more than 1-2fps.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Playing Gta V on pc is just awesome !, It has such a great optimization for the pc that you can even play this game on ultra setting on gtx660m !. I finished the storyline and the side-quests twice already. I dont uninstall this game i wont. Not until they release a new one. I think its a must-have game in case you get bored with other games. U can always take a ride on the glorious streets of Los Santos to relax for a while. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/24/2018 at 10:06 PM, [email protected] said:

Dear all, I have a late 2013 iMac with a GTX 780M nvidia GPU...

There are many settings out there for nvidia control panel and in game but I can't find the good one in order to have a good experience...

The easiest way to find good settings is go to Geforce Experience, and choose Optimize.
After that, if you feel your FPS is high enough, you can increase the settings one by one to the next levels.

GTA V has a ton of settings and it's pretty time-consuming to find the perfect fit for a particular CPU/GPU combination.

I hope this helped.

Edited by Couce Blunt