whats the best wireless card for a labtop

Vezon-7

The Intel 7260AC is one of the better internals on the market. You will have to have a Router/AP that supports simultaneous 2.4/5 GHz operation, but he theoretical throughput is close to 1Gbps.

Not sure what your throughput potential is end-to-end, but this should get you close.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I can personally vouch that the Killer Cards do have high capacity (when they work) my current one drops connection here and there and is fixed usually only by reboot, which can be a little inconvenient. I haven't much experience with any recent Intel cards but from what I've read their drivers tend to be a little more stable

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Most Dual band cards are decent to good, I wouldn't go near anything that has a single channel.

Laptops do have limitations when it comes to Wireless, if its used relatively close to your router you should be gold, personally I use the Ethernet on my laptop if I'm gaming or need a stable connection, not that the wireless is bad, it's great, but you can't beat the ethernet for speed and stability.

Most Tech manuals offer alternative parts (including compatible wireless cards) I wouldn't steer to far from those in case of compatibility issues.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/6/2021 at 7:34 PM, AndyHIP said:

any experience with the MPE-AX3000H card?

On 1/6/2021 at 7:34 PM, AndyHIP said:

This card looks great in terms of parameters and offers over 3000Mbps, 2400Mbps for 5GHz and 574Mbps for 2.4GHz. It is important to know that this card can work on systems with Windows 10 and for older versions, as 7, 8 according to the description will not work.
Otherwise, as colleagues mentioned Intel 7260HMW is a very good choice, which should work on older operating systems, such as Windows 7, which is still used by many users.