[REQUEST] Unlocked ASUS G750JZ BIOS 207

As title says, could someone with the neccasary knowledge try to unlock the latest G750JZ BIOS please? The main thing all JZ owners would like to see if it would be possible to unlock the option in the BIOS which allows the Intel iGPU to be disabled so the built in GTX 880M could be used as the primary display adapter.

The reason for this is that this laptop has poor quality screen which requires the refresh rate to be manually increased. Previous G750 owners can do this, however for JZ owners it is not possible while Optimus is enabled, because the required option is not present in the NVidia Control Panel while the Intel iGPU is enabled ...

Thank you in advance in the name of all JZ owners!

I attach the latest JZ BIOS packed in zip.

G750JZAS207.zip

Yes, the options are there, but you have to test this to see if it works.

And the worst part would be that you have to do a blind flash or open the laptop and reprogram the eeprom if it fails and you get a black screen after you turn off the igpu in bios.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yes, the options are there, but you have to test this to see if it works.

And the worst part would be that you have to do a blind flash or open the laptop and reprogram the eeprom if it fails and you get a black screen after you turn off the igpu in bios.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

How did you manage to access the option to turn it off?

After you turn of igpu, the screen will go and stay black no mather what? If yes, than that means that in the JZ only the igpu has connection to the monitor, so by design, it is not possible to turn off optimus, like in other laptops ...

For me, with Asus G750JW, iGPU is always off. I'm just saying there are options to turn it off in new series bioses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh, I see.

Just need a way to make it accessible...

It would be no problem I guess to make those options accesible, but can you cmos reset the laptop in case something goes wrong?

If the display will stay black what are you going to do? Because you might need do to a clear cmos by removing the cmos battery, and that means ypu have to unscrew the screws on the back and pop out the keyboard with the aluminium frame around it.

A little update. Removing the battery won't fix the BIOS/CMOS.

Would be no problem for me to share the info, but if you change something it might not boot (it happened on me a couple of time) and I don't know how to recover without a spi programmer.

If anyone knows how to reset the bios would be great.

http://forum.techinferno.com/showthread.php?t=7035

So you need a programmer first to backup your bios.