the new Y50/40

savas

So I played Crysis 3 for a bit, and on very hight settings (there is no ultra or smtng like that) i got 25-30 fps average, on Hight settings i got 45+fps average with max 67 celsius temperature. Still loving the pc. The battery is quite decent i must say, I absolutelly can use it longer than the Y500, but i will do a time test later

• 3 months later...

Hello, so I did quite an update on the Y50. The update is the display.

I switched the lenovo panel with LG LP156WF4(SP)(D1) with shipping it costed me 70.25GBP so simply I will show you the photos of the before and after... Right side is with the new panel:

1-2.png

2-1.png

4.png

3.png

I used

clip for guidance.

It tooks me 5 minutes to replace the screen.

Next update is an 1tb SSD

I don't think that the Y510 had any issues on the screen, but the Y50... (see above) anyway that didn't bugged me a lot, i just wanted to see for myself :)

Since I have't had a Y510 I only had the Y500 no sli, I am still amazed by the Y50, I probably jus had too many problems with the Y500, so the Y50 is just stunning for now. Still want to get a SSD and test the performance, i will ofourse post the results down here.

Another thing that is in the waiting list is the BIOS mod, slv7 will look into it at some point, i will provide him with the acces to the pc so he can do his magic :)

A BIOS mod i think would turn the tables a lot, because this pc is just so good at cooling! I want to see what it is capable of when it is clocked.

Post me some questions if you have them, i will try to awnser them!

• 4 months later...

I have the y510p with 755m SLI and my brother has the y50 with 860m (4gb vRAM not the 2gb). Between the two the y50 gets the same fps as the y510p, at best the y50 gets 5 fps better. The biggest improvement I've seen is the cooling as the y50 has an independent fan for the CPU and the GPU, but the surface of the y50 runs a bit warmer than the surface of the y510p (probably due to it being almost half an inch slimmer)

He's planning on doing the BIOS mod at some point