Upgrading M15x to Nvidia GTX 765M will work?

howdy

Hi guys, i have several question that i want to ask....

Before i want to upgrade my m15x, i just want to make sure of it

1. Is nVidia GTX 765M compatible with alienware M15x ?

2. if its compatible, then what requirement that i need to upgrading my m15x?

3. will the old X bracket will fit for GTX 765M(and also maybe a guide to remove the old GPU to the new GPU, cause i'm really noob at this)?

4. and lastly what driver or bios/vbios i need to install it?

Here is my m15x profile..

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)

BIOS: Ver A03 1.00

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.6GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Graphic Card : nVdia GTX 260M

1. I got it to work when i first installed it but when i restored my windows 7 it started to give me problems

3. yes, and here's a video on how to install (

)

4. Driver Details | Dell US

all in all i wouldn't recommend upgrading to the GTX 765M as it may cause problems in the future, well i mean that's what happened to me :disturbed:

If you decide to get the GTX 765M let me know if you got it to work or not

• Thumbs Up 2

Well after looking through the forum, it seems GTX 660M or 680M is the probably have no compatibility issue...

i will go to for that two choice but finding it at a affordable price is really hard

i'll try to update as soon as possible if i already get the GPU card :)

• Thumbs Up 1

1. I got it to work when i first installed it but when i restored my windows 7 it started to give me problems

What sort of issues? If you install the drivers with modified .inf, it should work, no? I mean, the 765M is Kepler, not much different from 660M and 680M.

What sort of issues? If you install the drivers with modified .inf, it should work, no? I mean, the 765M is Kepler, not much different from 660M and 680M.

Well I installed the drivers with modified .inf but I still get a white screen on startup unless I disable integrated HD audio in the bios , I haven't figured out how to fix the white screen issue yet. Any help?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

About the white screen issue - that's just a matter of drivers. Nvidia still didn't fix that, I recommend you send them a bug report.

The issue can be resolved by installing the drivers in the proper order, I got it working on my M15x with the 780m.

Maybe u need to send nvidia the bug report about the white screen issue?

Also have you tried to use a clean driver installation(cause i see this as a recommended guide if you want to install a new driver)

Sorry for not much helping, maybe you need to ask the svl7 regarding this issue

• Thumbs Up 1