Alienware M17x R2 Proper ICC Color Profile

Hi i been looking for ages for the rgbled color profile for my R2, my hardware Ids for my rgbled screen is SEC5443. Please help notebookreview.com guides aren't that really helpful and sort of outdated, i tried crylo's panel adjustment just never looked right to me. Thank you in advanced.

Ok thank you Unreal25! How are you doing dude? Ever going to buy another M11x or a M14x? Not saying that the thinkpad is bad it isn't just a suggestion. It's just that my new Samsung 27inch 1080P monitor seemed to washout the colors on the R2 screen and don't know how to correct it.

Nah, I don't need another gaming laptop. Thinkpads are great for doing work, and a bit lighter for carrying around. But I have a feeling I will miss a gaming ability on the go once Star Wars MMO comes out. :D

I don't have a professional calibrator like SpyderPro so basically I always use just color calibration on drivers just eyeballing it. I try different websites to check that colors are fine (like BBC to check the reds are fine, Facebook to see whether blues are shown ok etc. ). If you use different screens, you need to set up different color settings for each - that's how I have it set it up on a Thinkpad. On Alienware I only use the laptop screen.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know how you feel never giving up the M11x i have i love it just for that and the batterylife etc.. I just never liked the small keyboard god always bothers me. That thinkpad is really nice i like the new one with the IPS panel just buy it for that. Man i can't wait to work again to buy more machines like that and another few gaming and business machines. Anymore calibration for blue and green?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey sorry for the late reply! I left blue and green settings on default because it looked good this way on my screen.

M11x keyboard is indeed really cramped. But from what I hear the cooling on it is much better than Thinkpad X220. I read some posts on NBR where some folks were hitting 90-95 C on the CPU. I haven't seen anyone looking into changing the paste on the cooler and such so it's possible that its just a lousy pasting job at Lenovo.

I don't have a system to try that yet but I remember trying some profiles that were already in windows. One or two said RGB and seemed okay but it looked to warm in gamma something like a older CRT. I reset it all and left it stock... I didn't mind the red... Reds that would be glowing looked awesome so I ended up preferring the stock settings on the rgb led.

• 3 years later...