GTX 770M problem Black Screen & crash (M17x R3)

predi

Hi guys, recently (about 3 months ago) I bought and upgraded my GPU with GTX 770M (thanks to this web :encouragement:).

I didnt have any problem in 3 months but few days ago it started to do some little fps drops, when I was playing War Thunder in my 2º day and hours before I got Black screen, sound stops and make the typical repetitive sound and pc crash. I lowered the graphics and I didnt have the same problem another time.

Then, this weekend I started playing PayDay2.. at first I didnt have any problem but now it occurs more frequently and when i have some time playing, like 2 games, the PC crashes like in War Thunder. Note, 99% of times I have the problem when a game end or start.

At first I noticed the problems when I was using voice software like skype, and when i was not using it I didnt have any problem, but now its in all situations.

I looked for the temperature and its ok, dindt installed new drivers, lowered graphics settings to PayDay 2.. nothing works.

So, some ideas to help?

Thank you for your time and sorry for my bad and little knowledge of english.

Edited info:

Alienware Mx17 r3

No overclocked

No GPU drivers updated

You say the temps are ok, how high are they actually? After gaming a while and during idle?

It's odd that this behavior appears apparently out of nothing. You didn't update the drivers before this started happening? Or any other changes at the system? Do you overclock the GPU?

You say the temps are ok, how high are they actually? After gaming a while and during idle?

It's odd that this behavior appears apparently out of nothing. You didn't update the drivers before this started happening? Or any other changes at the system? Do you overclock the GPU?

Not more high than 60ºC idle and playing with the fanin auto mode.

Not updated any drivers. Changes.. i dont remind windows updates, but when i detected the problem i cannot solve it with windows recovery to date becouse last save was when in found the problem. I didnt overclock the GPU. The only thing i modify was the .inf archives to install my actual Nvidia drivers 334.67

60°C is a lot for idling, unless you live in a desert. Or wait, do you mean that's the max temp if you play games? That would be super low...

If you really didn't change anything and didn't overclock... it almost seems like a hardware issue. But software is more likely to be causing things like this. Hardware failure would be very unlucky.

60°C is a lot for idling, unless you live in a desert. Or wait, do you mean that's the max temp if you play games? That would be super low...

If you really didn't change anything and didn't overclock... it almost seems like a hardware issue. But software is more likely to be causing things like this. Hardware failure would be very unlucky.

Well, i was for a long time now in PC playing a game go runs fine (CS:GO) and i was lot of time only using web browser. So i can check all min and max temperatures with long time running.

In GPU all seems working fine.

post-24154-14494997758748_thumb.jpg

But, well.. I dont remind this temperatures in my CPU.. and PayDay 2 and War Thunder are bigger games than cs:go.. and 95% times was loading a exit or a entry in a game, but.. I tried already to play with max fan RPM. But I dont know where is the max for a CPU to stop working. Can I registry my temperatures like in .txt with some kind of software to read it after the crash?

post-24154-14494997759003_thumb.jpg