Disable Windows Key Y580

Abraxas

I have a refurbished Y580, running Windows 8.1. All to often while I am gaming, I will inadvertently hit my Win Key. This of course shoots me to the start screen, and I get killed in my game. I looked using the forum search, and did not find any info about this. I know with outside keyboards, you can often disable the key. Or some people will take them off. Well I don't want to remove a key. So my alternative is to program the system to disable it when I don't need it.

Does anyone have an idea of how to reliably do this in Win 8.1? I tried some regedit suggestions from another forum, but they proved to be futile.

Google search "disable windows key". microsoft support has a program that will do it for you or instructions how to do it manually are also just below the download link.

I would post a direct link but I'm not sure how the forum feels about posting links.