Gtx 870m overclocking..

• Bios Modder
It is giving me a lot of artifacts on games :/ Maybe the clocks are too high?

Post here your stock bios. I will look. May be your laptop have some difference in vbios.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys

I had a problem after flashing graphics MSI 870m to Clevo bios

After the firmware gives the same result as in the picture on the right, the difference may be only in versions of the BIOS

Firmware from under Dos, any errors in the firmware has not issued even once, all firmware ends well

I tried to flash firmware with some tech forum and believe the result will not change

How to revive the video card?

Right - after flashing
Left - to firmware

WP_000108.jpg

Edited by undeluxer

On 5/18/2014 at 0:02 AM, kingkaan said:

Hello,

I just received my new Sager NP8278-S with GTX 870M 6GB in it..benched in 3dmark stock clocks breaks 7k in 3dmark11..i wanted to overclock it with precision x but if i go more than +60 on the core drivers crash.. and i can adjust the voltage using pre x nor nvidia inspector it just doesn't work..can anyone please mod it for me ?i am pretty sure this card can get at least 9k with a modded vbios. heres my vbios GK104.rom.zip

Can this vbios file work with a cyberpowerpc fangbook with the nvidia gtx 870m 6gb and the same cpu intel 4910qm and is the GK104

Edited by jpmoneypicks

• Bios Modder
On ‎28‎.‎12‎.‎2015 at 5:44 PM, jpmoneypicks said:

Can this vbios file work with a cyberpowerpc fangbook with the nvidia gtx 870m 6gb and the same cpu intel 4910qm and is the GK104

No, cyberpowerpc fangbook it is a MSI platform based laptop, but Sager based on the Clevo platform. They use different vbios.

• 4 months later...

Goodnight Klem, could you help me with a 870m "MXM" GPu VBIOS from an Asus G750JS?

Would like to OC it a bit, could you unlock its voltage and clocks so I could play with her a bit?

The stock clock is around 940Mhz already.

Best regards.

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, senso said:

Goodnight Klem, could you help me with a 870m "MXM" GPu VBIOS from an Asus G750JS?

Would like to OC it a bit, could you unlock its voltage and clocks so I could play with her a bit?

The stock clock is around 940Mhz already.

Best regards.

Hi!

Send me your vBIOS via PM. I'll look it.

Tonight I could go to bed later, so I fired up NVInspector and surprise surprise, only the clock is limited to the typical +135Mhz, but voltage can be bumped up +250mV and memory 2500Mhz, tried to bump the core to 1050Mhz and the memory to 2600Mhz, ran Heaven benchmark, stable temps around 75ºC, will need to repaste the gpu and use good quality thermal pads because right now its with MX4 and random thermal pads that are not that good.

But I will send you the VBIOS, with some luck I can push her past the 135Mhz limit without artifacts. 

EDIT:

Went to play a bit of Crysis and the GPU clock is always bouncing up and down, this happens with both stock clocks and OC'ed, is this normal?

gpu usage.png

Edited by senso
Adding more information and the print screen

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here know of some max mem clocks for the 870m? I tried oc'ing the core, however I could not do much more than +40mhz, however im running +400mhz on the memory and it seems stable. My logic is that memory overclocks would be more beneficial on a card such as this with a small memory bus width.

I've tried using KBT to increase the voltages on the card, however temps got a bit high for my liking (high 80C, with quite a loud fan speed), so I reverted back to the stock vbios (the razer blade isnt know for its good thermals).

• 8 months later...

Hey Klem!

I am not sure if you still mod bios and stuff, but I would really appreciate if you could make a bios for my MSI GT-60 2PC 663-US with nvidia 870M 3GB, Core i7-4810MQ with 12 GB ram. Again! thanks in advance!

Oh! btw I've been using nvidia inspector to over my laptop to +70mhz core and +540mhz on the memory. If I go over those settings my game will randomly freeze (repeating sound and a frozen game)

Thanks!!!

• Bios Modder
9 hours ago, BrownBarbie said:

If I go over those settings my game will randomly freeze (repeating sound and a frozen game)

Hi! I think that if you increase core clocks, then you need increase a little bit core voltage for stability. You can post here your stock vbios, I'll look at it.

4 minutes ago, Klem said:

Hi! I think that if you increase core clocks, then you need increase a little bit core voltage for stability. You can post here your stock vbios, I'll look at it.

Hey Klem! I actually tried increasing the voltage, but it didn't seem to do anything. I still had the same issue. 

Also! sorry, but I am trying to upload my bios (downloaded it from the msi's driver page) but i cant upload it

On 2/9/2017 at 10:24 AM, Klem said:

This is for you.

MSI870MOD.rom

I would like to thank you again for the Mod! ive flashed it and it works! I tried overclocking it to 1070 and my drivers didn't like that xD. The game went blank screen with looping audio. ATM its running at 1050mhz which I dont mind. its a little bit higher than what I had so thats awesome :D!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/29/2014 at 1:57 AM, Red Line said:

kingkaan i don't know why your CPU score is that low but:

1. I had 4810MQ CPU and windows 7 (on win 8 it could be a little lower)

2. Also, played with XTU settings and lowered CPU cache and dynamic voltage by 80mv and raised core current to 100 for stock clocks

3. Was using modded Prema bios with 4 cores at 4Ghz) Sprecial thanks to him as well!

hey man, not sure if you are still active here or not. if you do, can you elaborate on point 2? how much did you lower CPU cache and make adjustment to dynamic voltage? I looked at XTU but not sure which option to set.