Gtx 870m overclocking..

Special tnx to Klem for custom 870M vbios for P377SM-A. It has stock clocks with no turbo boost. I was able to get as high as 1032/3000, but anything higher than that resulted in system hang, even with increased voltage. Anyways, i reached 780M stock levels!

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7 4900MQ,Notebook P377SM-A

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7 4900MQ,Notebook P377SM-A

Special tnx to Klem for custom 870M vbios for P377SM-A. It has stock clocks with no turbo boost. I was able to get as high as 1032/3000, but anything higher than that resulted in system hang, even with increased voltage. Anyways, i reached 780M stock levels!

those are some impressive scores man...congrats!...i would like to turn off turbo boost too...but i couldnt figure out how to..hope Klem helps out with it!..but damn with those scores...you can max out any game and basically get 60 fps consistent.

- - - Updated - - -

also what processor do you have? it says 4900mq but it said the samething for mine..but i own a 4810mq 3.8 ghz..if you have the same cpu..id like to ask a few things..my physx score is at 6k..yours is at 10k...i don't know whats wrong with my cpu its not performing how it should be. it performs worse than the 4700hq..

• Bios Modder
Klem im having problems with turbo boost can you please turn it off for me? i couldnt figure out how to do it.

In mod vbios Turbo boost is already disabled.

• Bios Modder
oh lol..i saw green lines in perfcap in gpu z thought it was because of turbo boost.

On the your screenshot i do not see green lines in perfcap.

On the your screenshot i do not see green lines in perfcap.

yeah no remember i raised the voltage and core clock to 1110.05? thats when it does it i thought it was a boost problem..what could it be? voltage at like 1.0750.

• Bios Modder
yeah no remember i raised the voltage and core clock to 1110.05? thats when it does it i thought it was a boost problem..what could it be? voltage at like 1.0750.

Yes, may be you rise voltage and core clock too high.

maybe..highest temp i hit is 83c in 3dmark11..after i installed new drivers yesterday from nvidia system started overheating and getting this greenpost-20273-1449499770386_thumb.jpg

kingkaan i don't know why your CPU score is that low but:

1. I had 4810MQ CPU and windows 7 (on win 8 it could be a little lower)

2. Also, played with XTU settings and lowered CPU cache and dynamic voltage by 80mv and raised core current to 100 for stock clocks

3. Was using modded Prema bios with 4 cores at 4Ghz) Sprecial thanks to him as well!

• Thumbs Up 1

kingkaan i don't know why your CPU score is that low but:

1. I had 4810MQ CPU and windows 7 (on win 8 it could be a little lower)

2. Also, played with XTU settings and lowered CPU cache and dynamic voltage by 80mv and raised core current to 100 for stock clocks

3. Was using modded Prema bios with 4 cores at 4Ghz) Sprecial thanks to him as well!

oh wow..ill try the xtu downloading it now...i had 4700hq on win 8.1 before too that did really good..but maybe i should switch to win 7 too...what tools did u use to flash your bios? can i try that prema bios as well? would u recommend?

oh wow..ill try the xtu downloading it now...i had 4700hq on win 8.1 before too that did really good..but maybe i should switch to win 7 too...what tools did u use to flash your bios? can i try that prema bios as well? would u recommend?

hold on for a few more days and visit here - P377SM-A / NP9377 | Prema Mod

there you'll find all the instuctions needed for flashing)

hold on for a few more days and visit here - P377SM-A / NP9377 | Prema Mod

there you'll find all the instuctions needed for flashing)

I also contacted sager...they had me bench again in 3dmark and asked for the physx score..i had an asus with 4700hq in my physx score was always more than 7500..with this cpu i cant get more than 7k..thats on a good day on a bad day..i get around 6500..recent benchmark..

post-20273-14494997706404_thumb.jpg

post-20273-14494997706718_thumb.jpg

Klem your bios really helped thanks so much once again and heres what i did...1050 voltage 1075 core and 6500 mem..which is amazing this is what i got in 3dmark13 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7 4900MQ,Notebook P17SM-A

6500 mem and im stable..didnt even push it higher because my temps are getting hot..but 6500 is good right

• Bios Modder

GTX 870M is not rebrended GTX 770M! GTX 870M is rebrended GTX 680M with reduced memory bus from 256 to 192.

GTX 870M have GK104 chip with 1344 cores. Memory bus 192 bit.

GTX 680M have GK104 chip with 1344 cores. Memory bus 256 bit.

GTX 770M have GK106 chip with 960 cores. Memory bus 192 bit.