Gtx 870m overclocking..

Hello,

I just received my new Sager NP8278-S with GTX 870M 6GB in it..benched in 3dmark stock clocks breaks 7k in 3dmark11..i wanted to overclock it with precision x but if i go more than +60 on the core drivers crash.. and i can adjust the voltage using pre x nor nvidia inspector it just doesn't work..can anyone please mod it for me ?i am pretty sure this card can get at least 9k with a modded vbios. heres my vbios GK104.rom.zip

• Bios Modder
Hello,

I just received my new Sager NP8278-S with GTX 870M 6GB in it..benched in 3dmark stock clocks breaks 7k in 3dmark11..i wanted to overclock it with precision x but if i go more than +60 on the core drivers crash.. and i can adjust the voltage using pre x nor nvidia inspector it just doesn't work..can anyone please mod it for me ?i am pretty sure this card can get at least 9k with a modded vbios. heres my vbios [ATTACH]11651[/ATTACH]

In your vbios voltage adjustment is already unlocked. For overclock and adjust voltage just use last version of Nvidia Inspector. 9K and more it is for 256bit(memory bus) and 1536 unified cores(780M and 880M), for 192bit and 1344 unified cores(870M) is possible only 8K+(graphic score).

• Thumbs Up 1

In your vbios voltage adjustment is already unlocked. For overclock and adjust voltage just use last version of Nvidia Inspector. 9K and more it is for 256bit(memory bus) and 1536 unified cores(780M and 880M), for 192bit and 1344 unified cores(870M) is possible only 8K+(graphic score).

I actually just tried nvidia inspector...i took my core from +60 to +135 and didnt notice a fps difference at all in 3dmark11...and while benching i looked at gpu z perfcap it was green showing power.

• Bios Modder

How much your GPU temp under 3D Load? And how much scores in 3D Mark 2011? With default settings and with max overclock? How much your memory frequency?

this is really weird..it was showing perfcap green because i put the voltage too high..right now i did the whole 3dmark11 test and i got 7396 score at +60 core +550 mem...card becomes unstable if i go +135 and give enough voltage...i lose a lot of fps for some reason...my temps are perfect..never passes 65c both cpu and gpu.. post-20273-14494997683178_thumb.jpg

• Bios Modder
thanks will try it now..to answer your previous post on stock clocks i get 7014 in 3dmark11 most i got is 7417 just now.

How much your stock voltage under 3D load?

How much your stock voltage under 3D load?

it's at 1.0060V i just tried out your vbios and this is what happened..no driver crashes or anything but i lost performance as i went over +60 on the core..everytime i went over +60 on core performance dips..like i lose fps..instead of gaining fps.. you know? i don't know why that happens..i tried +80 +100 +135 i lost 10 fps at +135 compared to +60 this doesnt make sense?

In my vbios overclock already applied. You do non need overclock more. Just flash and run 3D Mark.

oh wow..my bad Klem.. i just ran 3dmark11 with your rom didnt touch anything just as it is..and got 7597 almost 7600 on 3dmark11...cheers mate! :) what do you usually get with this rom?

• Bios Modder
oh wow..my bad Klem.. i just ran 3dmark11 with your rom didnt touch anything just as it is..and got 7597 almost 7600 on 3dmark11...cheers mate! :) what do you usually get with this rom?

I do not have GTX870M. I just make this mod based on your vbios. Please run GPU-Z(monitoring window with set max value) and then run 3D Mark. After 3D Mark was finished, make screenshot of GPU-Z(monitiring window) and post here.

• Bios Modder
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11656[/ATTACH] here you go :)

Ok. Nice. Can you try a bit increase core clock? For example to 1046 or 1085.

Ok. Nice. Can you try a bit increase core clock? For example to 1046 or 1085.

i am at 1110.5 right now almost got 7800 in 3dmark11..can we go higher? like can you mod it higher maybe we can reach 8k? possible? when i do it from inspector in game perfcap shows pwr green

• Bios Modder
i am at 1110.5 right now almost got 7800 in 3dmark11..can we go higher? like can you mod it higher maybe we can reach 8k? possible? when i do it from inspector in game perfcap shows pwr green

Try this variant.

• Bios Modder

See only graphic score, because this score for graphic card. P8000+! Phisics score is for CPU, and total score for combination both CPU+GPU.

You can try a bit increasy core clock and run 3D Mark again.

P8192 graphic score! It is very nice result for 870M! You can try a bit increase core clock more then 1110,5.

indeed :) i just tried raising it a bit more..for some reason performance dipped..like lost about 7-8 fps in 3dmark..not sure why though. temps are all good tho

• Bios Modder
indeed :) i just tried raising it a bit more..for some reason performance dipped..like lost about 7-8 fps in 3dmark..not sure why though. temps are all good tho

Ok. I understand. This is max for your case. For overclock more you need power supply(power adapter) with more power. But now you have already very nice overclock and result.

Ok. I understand. This is max for your case. For overclock more you need power supply(power adapter) with more power.

I could overclock the cpu from 3.8 to 4.2 but somehow everyone who has this specific cpu the i7-4810qm is running into same problems..when you overclock the cpu under full load it drops down to 3.5 for no reason..low temps lower 65c instead of being at 4.2 it drops down to 3.5 and at idle its at 4.2... that's why my physx score is bad..but im happy with my graphics score..good squeeze of 870m lol