Gtx 870m overclocking..

The only problems I'm having right now is when I load up any game i get stuttering and gpu-z shows the gpu load drop to 0% for a second then will go back up to around 80% but never 90+%. It also will never show any kind of perfcap that would indicate a problem. Is this a lack of voltage problem since my temps hover around 78 Celsius. My current overclock is 1067 core clock, 3000mhz vram, and 1.037 voltage. I'm also using the vbios that Klem posted earlier in this thread if that helps. I would like to get it stable up to at least 1085 core clock if thats possible.

Sager NP8268-S

• 2 months later...

I have the same green line problem which indicates GPU is limited by TDP (power limit). I need unlocked vBios for that. I have MSI's GTX 870M. Could anyone please tell me which vBios I need to flash? I only want push Power limit little further, not push voltage.

• 3 months later...

Hello

I have the same laptop, NP8278-S, with GTX 870M and i7 4810MQ.

I did several tests using 3D Mark,with default clock my best score wasn't even 6500

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4810MQ Processor,Notebook P17SM-A

Is that normal? Because i see great numbers in this thread but mine is not even close.

With +59Mhz clock, and +200 Mhz Memory i got 7000, but just in one test.

Please notice im not using any mod vBios so far.

• Bios Modder
Hello

I have the same laptop, NP8278-S, with GTX 870M and i7 4810MQ.

I did several tests using 3D Mark,with default clock my best score wasn't even 6500

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4810MQ Processor,Notebook P17SM-A

Is that normal? Because i see great numbers in this thread but mine is not even close.

With +59Mhz clock, and +200 Mhz Memory i got 7000, but just in one test.

Please notice im not using any mod vBios so far.

Yes, your score is normal for stock vbios.

i also have an MSI GT60 with a GTX870M 3gb which bios do i need for it to be unlocked and preoverclocked, my temps are great at stock so i think i got plenty of overhead id like to get a bit more performance out of this laptop

Erik9519

This is for you.

Is this vBios from page 7, post #71 still valid?

Can i try it on my Sager NP8278-S, GTX 870M, (Motherboard P17SM-A) or should i upload my stock vBios instead?

Thank you in advance

• Bios Modder
Is this vBios from page 7, post #71 still valid?

Can i try it on my Sager NP8278-S, GTX 870M, (Motherboard P17SM-A) or should i upload my stock vBios instead?

Thank you in advance

Yea, this vbios is still valid. And of course if your laptop any Clevo or Sager (with GTX 870M), then you can use this mod vbios.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys I have got the Prema bios mod installed... Can I just use Nividia inspector to overclock or do I need to use the vbios on page#7 as well?

If I use the vbios here will it change or effect my Prema bios? I could not find anything in Prema bios to do any kind of GPU overclocking..... any advice would be appreciated.. overclocking newbie here.. I am trying to get a bit more performance out of my card for Witcher 3!

Here is my latest 3DMark score before any overclocking.... http://www.3dmark.com/sd/3085708

• Bios Modder
Guys I have got the Prema bios mod installed... Can I just use Nividia inspector to overclock or do I need to use the vbios on page#7 as well?

If I use the vbios here will it change or effect my Prema bios? I could not find anything in Prema bios to do any kind of GPU overclocking..... any advice would be appreciated.. overclocking newbie here.. I am trying to get a bit more performance out of my card for Witcher 3!

Here is my latest 3DMark score before any overclocking.... http://www.3dmark.com/sd/3085708

Just use Nividia inspector to overclock your card, and all be ok.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Klem i would like to ask you something....i have a MSI GTX 870M 3072Mb taken out of a MSI GT60 notebook. I have put this card in my HP Z1 workstation (all-in-one)

All works great, but now i would like to flash the vbios to get some extra performance. Can you tell me which rom i need? Or can you edit mine?

Thanks in advance mate

Edit: I have flashed the vbios and all works fine, except i cant install the driver for it. Could you edit my original MSI bios so i dont have to go through that anymore?

Didnt expect so much headaches just from switching from vendor id 1462(MSI) to 1063 (Nvidia)

hello everyone,

I am very interested to overclock my GTX870M on MSI GT70 laptop, because this card is not powerful enough for some of my 3D designing application and games.

My laptop setup:

MSI GT70-2PC

Core i7-4800MQ

GTX 870M 3 GB

Currently i have overclocked to Core +101 and VRAM +433 but i haven't increase in performance as the GPU power Cap limiter or voltage is limiting the GPU power.

I'm not sure how to increase voltage and/or power limiter in Kepler Bios Editor.

Klem Can you please help me set up my vbios rom file?

thanks

• Bios Modder
Klem i would like to thank you for your help, it works like a charm. This saves me from inf editing !

If i can donate bitcoins please let me know.

Cheers mate

Ok. Just enjoy!

hello everyone,

I am very interested to overclock my GTX870M on MSI GT70 laptop, because this card is not powerful enough for some of my 3D designing application and games.

My laptop setup:

MSI GT70-2PC

Core i7-4800MQ

GTX 870M 3 GB

Currently i have overclocked to Core +101 and VRAM +433 but i haven't increase in performance as the GPU power Cap or voltage is limiting the GPU power.

I'm not sure how to increase voltage and/or power Cap in Kepler Bios Editor.

Klem Can you help me set up my rom file?

thanks

I have the same card taken out of a GT60. Runs smoothly at 1000 core and 3000 memory :D

Ask Klem to edit your vbios

I have been wondering about this V-bios Flash and have questions for anyone to answer,

1) Will Flash your V-bios have any conflicts on future updates as to stop doing any Nvidia driver updates on the graphic card after flash?

2) By unlock and flashing the Vbios can the Nvidia driver updates re-lock and flash it to the original?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...