Alienware 17 R5 (2013) Screen Upgrade Advice

I've been searching high and low for some concrete information on upgrading my Alienware 17 screen. From the information I have gathered from guides on other models is that you may need the specific motherboard for the connectors.

So I thought i'd ask for a bit of help on the matter as I am till unsure on what the procedure will be for my model. I've had the screen replaced by a technician under warranty so I am comfortable with taking it apart myself. The screen I currently have is the full 1080p 60Hz matte display. The display I am looking at is the 60Hz 3D model.

Any help on this would be much appreciated as well as any recommendations as to where I could obtain the parts with being based in the UK.

The 3D 120hz screen is incredible, I love playing the games in 3D it looks absolutely awesome. One issues I did notice though. When you disabled the 3D function It sometime kicks it into 60hz or sometimes leaves it a 120hz. I know this isn't a screen issues it is just a little bug in nvidias driver. Nothing to serious I haven't had any issues.

The 3D 120hz screen is incredible, I love playing the games in 3D it looks absolutely awesome. One issues I did notice though. When you disabled the 3D function It sometime kicks it into 60hz or sometimes leaves it a 120hz. I know this isn't a screen issues it is just a little bug in nvidias driver. Nothing to serious I haven't had any issues.

You have the option to permanently set the Refresh Rate at 120Hz at all times in the Nvidia Control Panel last time I check, at least with the latest driver anyway.