Apologies for the spam Read more... ×
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs

Guest franp

Hi,

I am on the verge to buy an M18x but I plan to replace the HD with an Crucial 300 SSD. Since this model is targeting a SATA 3.0 bus (and giving its full power only on that connection), would some owner of an M18x be so kind to check if the motherboard is SATA 2.0 or SATA 3.0 ? I could not find any precision on the web regarding the motherboard equipment.

Many thanks in advance !

It's 3.0.

Welcome to T|I mate, enjoy your stay.

Officially it supports SATA 3.0 though some have had trouble with it with certain branded drives.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DoPE csgoroll.com csgoatse.com
      First off all Hello,
      I recently installed Sandisk Dashboard and Found out that my 256 gb Sandisk Ultra Plus is only using a 3 Gb/s connection instead of a 6 Gb/s connection.
      After that I installed Intel RST to get the latest AHCI driver but the connection changed to 1.5 GB/s instead of 6 Gb/s.
      Than I reinstalled Windows 10 with uefi Boot enabled just to try that out but it didn`t changed it either.
      I checked the Speed with AS SSD benchmark and got around 240 mb/s read and 220 mb/s write speeds with the standard windows AHCI driver and around 120 mb/s read and 110 mb/s write speeds with the latest available IRST drivers.
      So I wanted to know if anybody can help me to get the full 6 GB/s connection that should be possible with SATA 3. I also tryed reflashing the bios.

PC specs: 
      Clevo P150SM with 
      I7 4700qm
      GTX 780m
      8GB RAm
      256 Gb Sandisk Ultra Plus in SATA Port 0 & 500gb HGST SATA 3 drive in SATA Port 5
      Latest drivers installed exept IRST because it slows the PC down 
      Latest Bios flashed
    • By svl7
      Alienware M17x R3 A12 unlocked BIOS with tweaks on SATA settings

Files contained in this archive:
      AtpTimerInfo.dll Ding.wav FWUpdLcl.exe InsydeFlashx64.exe iscflashx64.dll iscflashx64.sys PAR00MEC.fd platform.ini READ ME.txt xerces-c_2_7.dll  
      To learn more about how to use the files in this archive, please visit the thread below:

Donation link

In case you want to buy me a beer

Thanks and cheers! 
    • By muser
      Has anyone been using Slim IDE to SATA frame adapter (in shape of laptop CD-ROM drive) like this one?:
      New Universal SATA Super Slim 12 7mm 2nd Hard Disk Driver HDD Frame for Laptop | eBay
      I have bought one and try to use SATA HDD, in Fujitsu-Siemens v3505 CD-ROM compartment, as it is impossible, now, to buy new JAE50 (old IDE port for optical drives in laptops) DVD-RW or Blu-ray.
      The problem is that when I insert that installation frame, in BIOS there is no device detected, also in Windows there is nothing visible. I do not hear any sound of HDD, should I, or drive is only powered when detected?
      Is it some BIOS software related issue or hardware problem?
    • By Alienblaster
      Was planning about buying an msata ssd for my m17xR4 and came across a doubt. I thought msata port meant the port is a standard one, but looking at an ssdboss comparison chart, there was more than one msata port, like the mSATA PCI-Express port, msata sata III, etc. I was about to buy Plextor 128GB mSATA SSD M5M Series PX-128M5M, and wanted to confirm if it will work my R4. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      Also if time permits, please tell me about any pros and cons about the plextor ssd I mentioned above, like if it supports TRIM, if there is better compatible msata ssd for the same price etc. Thank you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.