[Y510p] wireless adapter not found

horin

Hello,

I am using ideapad y510p. My wifi worked perfectly yesterday evening. However today at morning I couldnt find any wifi networks. After some research I have discovered that there is not wifi adapter present in Network Adapters and also that there is no wifi adapter in device manager. However bluetooth works fine. I have tried reinstalling drivers (even clean install of everything that may have something with networking). But I still cant see any wifi adapter. LAN connection works just fine. I dont think this should be hardware related problem because as far as I know bluetooth and wifi adapters are both located on Intel Centrino N2230. So I think that if my wifi adapter would be broken than bluetooth wouldnt be working too. I have also tried using system restore point to last week (when everything was working perfectly) but it didnt work.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I really dont wana post a service ticket because I need my NTB and they would return it to me after about 3 weeks which is unacceptable for me.

EDIT: I have also downloaded latest drivers from intel website and when I run tests with theirs WiFi Software Utility (or whatever it is called) it says that there is no wifi adapter present so it fails even hardware test.

EIDT2: What is the latest bios for ideapad y510p? Because lenovo support site says that there is no bios update available but one guy told me that I should update bios and it should fix the problem.

Thanks in forward for your help

Hello,

I am using ideapad y510p. My wifi worked perfectly yesterday evening. However today at morning I couldnt find any wifi networks. After some research I have discovered that there is not wifi adapter present in Network Adapters and also that there is no wifi adapter in device manager. However bluetooth works fine. I have tried reinstalling drivers (even clean install of everything that may have something with networking). But I still cant see any wifi adapter. LAN connection works just fine. I dont think this should be hardware related problem because as far as I know bluetooth and wifi adapters are both located on Intel Centrino N2230. So I think that if my wifi adapter would be broken than bluetooth wouldnt be working too. I have also tried using system restore point to last week (when everything was working perfectly) but it didnt work.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I really dont wana post a service ticket because I need my NTB and they would return it to me after about 3 weeks which is unacceptable for me.

EDIT: I have also downloaded latest drivers from intel website and when I run tests with theirs WiFi Software Utility (or whatever it is called) it says that there is no wifi adapter present so it fails even hardware test.

EIDT2: What is the latest bios for ideapad y510p? Because lenovo support site says that there is no bios update available but one guy told me that I should update bios and it should fix the problem.

Thanks in forward for your help

I had this same problem on my Y510P, after trying several different driver versions to no avail, I simply opened my laptop to find that one of the WIFI card's cables was disconnected.