GTX 880m 8go on M17X R4 120Hz 3D screen problem ?

Manu369

thk for the link but this modded vbios doesn't works for me, when I install it, my nvidia driver crash again and again and after several times, my windows freeze and I must forced to reboot by pressing the on/off button. :(

@godfafa, and for you ?

thk for the link but this modded vbios doesn't works for me, when I install it, my nvidia driver crash again and again and after several times, my windows freeze and I must forced to reboot by pressing the on/off button. :(

@godfafa, and for you ?

So at stock you crash, is this correct?

What is the bsod code that comes up?

What other error code comes up?

• Thumbs Up 1

@johnksss hello, I had sent you a pm, have you received ? I explain my problem.

I have no crash with the stock vbios, only with the modded bios from the svl7 thread. Not bosd, just a screen freeze after few moment, I see that the driver try to reload again and again in my taskbar but crash immediately.

About the stock vbios, I have a hard throttle as you in your test, the same problem but I don't found solution for resolved this.

@Manu369

For me the new unlocked vbios works great.

My best 3dmark11 p-score was 10300 with 780m. I just got p10800 with 880m.

If you had not installed windows again, I think it would be better for you to install windows again.

I dont know why things dont work for you, but temperature/vbios/driver are not the cause of your problem.

The only left is actually the windows.

- - - Updated - - -

You are using 3d LCD right? That means you have your IG disabled.

If IG is disabled, I dont think anything else than the windows or GPU itself can cause your problem (if you have flashed vbios and installed the driver with modded INF correctly).

• 3 weeks later...

Hello please comment this thread on nvidia forum if you want help for resolved this problem of driver with hard throttle and flag in the gpu card

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/754922/geforce-mobile-gpus/nvidia-crippling-the-gtx-880ms-with-there-new-drivers-look-for-a-nvidia-response-/3/

Currently, I'm always forced to use old driver version, it's not acceptable when you know the price of this card...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi godfafa, i got the same vbios stock at yours and i cannot download the updated drivers correctly. I am stock at 332.35 software :( Is there any way you could install it correctly for me ? Heres my setup : 3940xm,880m sli, m18x r2

Thanks alot, Louis

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I don't know why you have a problem, I installed the GTX 880M in your Alienware M18xR1. Works with any drivers without problems, never drops FPS and the temperature is no more 73C in the toughest games and 3DMark.

based on how 880m is designed that would only be true if you flash the modded vbios, stock at stock boost clocks under some games and benchmarks you can see it drop clocks past a certain power ddraw and temp. with modded vbios it can be throttle free up to 160% of stock tdp of the gpu and 93c throttle start instead. But you must set those with an app like EVGA PrecisionX and have the modded vbios loaded. under light loads the gpu will not throttle but almost all of them throttle under games that fully utilize the cards full stock power. Games from just a year or two ago may not be enough to show that, games like Crysis 3 at max settings and some others should fully load those cards. Skyrim at full Ultra settings and the HD texture pack isnt even enough to use full boost clock while running my monitors 60hz/60fps. So you really need a heavy load to see the issue in most cases. I am glad your setup in anycase has not gave you trouble as is

• Thumbs Up 1

based on how 880m is designed that would only be true if you flash the modded vbios, stock at stock boost clocks under some games and benchmarks you can see it drop clocks past a certain power ddraw and temp. with modded vbios it can be throttle free up to 160% of stock tdp of the gpu and 93c throttle start instead. But you must set those with an app like EVGA PrecisionX and have the modded vbios loaded. under light loads the gpu will not throttle but almost all of them throttle under games that fully utilize the cards full stock power. Games from just a year or two ago may not be enough to show that, games like Crysis 3 at max settings and some others should fully load those cards. Skyrim at full Ultra settings and the HD texture pack isnt even enough to use full boost clock while running my monitors 60hz/60fps. So you really need a heavy load to see the issue in most cases. I am glad your setup in anycase has not gave you trouble as is

Here's a look. Everything I have works very well and turbo boost, too.

post-27666-14494998791159_thumb.png

Here is a new graphics after playing 2 hours.

post-27666-14494998792249_thumb.png

Here's a look. Everything I have works very well and turbo boost, too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13202[/ATTACH]

Here is a new graphics after playing 2 hours.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13205[/ATTACH]

cool looks good yeah temps are very low and no throttle