Sager msata ssd heating it up!!

overlord6920

I have a sager np8278-s with the crucial 240gb mstat ssd. im getting fairly high temps at idle ~65c so any demand on it raises the temp to +70c so i throttles down speed. Does anyone know of a heatsink or anything that would improve temps with out adding a chilling pad.

Hope you find a solution. I'm trying to add the same SSD to my Sager NP7358 but for the life of me can't figure out how to get the keyboard open.

The screws are usually located underneath the speaker cover, just pop it out with a flathead screw driver.

• 1 month later...

ok so today I popped a heat sync out of an old blade server. Less then 5 mm thick and used a hack saw to cut is the the size of the ssd. it barely fits under the cover but my idle temps dropped from 64c to 56c then with max fans on it goes down to 44c. ill post pick when ever i get around to opening it again.