Lenovo G400 20235 CPU Upgrade

kimnguyen

Hi all

I have a Lenovo G400 with CPU Intel Pentium 2020M , when replace it with Core i5 3210M , the laptop show the message

"Unsupport CPU PCH "

I try other CPU i5 3230M i7 3632QM but it's the same . Althought Lenovo G400 have some models with i5 CPU

I know Lenovo have a whitelist WLAN Cad , and a whitelist with microcode CPU

Anybody know how to unlock the BIOS and insert the microcode to make G400 support i5 i7 ?

Thanks a lot

• 4 years later...

847/5000

Hello, the post is old but I hope someone find this info useful, since these notebooks are currently getting very cheap.

I have the same notebook Lenovo G400 20235, [but it came with a core i3-3110m, integrated intel HD4000 and intel WiFi card], I have successfully tried an i7-3632QM and 
a i7-3520M, both work OK. 

I have also tested it with Hyperx Impact Black memories (Kingston) DDR3L 1600 16Gb kit (2x8Gb) working OK. 

A friend also had the same Lenovo G400 but his came with a Celeron installed, that notebook did not accept the i7, not even the i3 that I uninstalled, also did not accept the 16Gb of RAM (only accepted 8Gb, either a single module of 8Gb or two of 4Gb).

I hope this helps someone.

Edited by Kenshin

• 1 year later...