EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Varron

Recommended Cooling Pad for Y580?

Can anyone recommend a cooling pad under 50$ for a gamer using the Y580?

I use the NotePal U3, which gives targeted cooling with the three fans. I noticed a significant difference in my temps. I used speed fan to check. The NotePal U3 keeps my gfx card under 75 C all the time, even with long run times in games.

I have used a few different ones, but one never seemed to cool better than another, I think as long as they provide airflow under the notebook that's about as good as you can get. It would be nice if we could get fan control in these (I have a SLI Y500). I know the fans can move more air than they do, and there is a way to control them because Lenovo's own software can ramp up the fan speeds to "clean" the fans out, but I haven't yet seen a way to control them. That being said, I use this Belkin one being it is smaller than the laptop, as I have limited desk space.

Amazon.com: Belkin CoolSpot F5L055-BLK Laptop Cooling Pad (Black): Electronics

This is not going to cool well. The fan in the middle if going to have little effect on the temps of a Y580. You need a bigger fan like NotePal X3 if you want 1 fan.

YMMV. I have used the NotePal U3 and the X Lite, and I saw no difference in temps, just in noise level. The only difference I've noticed in temps is not using a cooling pad at all.

notepal x3 is great but I also bought cooler master notepal lapair works great and also keeps my legs cool when I am using the laptop on my sofa or bed.

notepal 3 is awesome use it daily and it keeps laptop nice and cool

i had the notepal 3 myself.. i would recommend it

I use cooler master u3. I like to use it without fans for daily use - as its all metal with round holes it really helps with passive air circulation, also I use it to carry the laptop through the meetings. Then when I am putting some medium stress on computer, I just put the 3 fans under cpu, gpu, etc, and turn them on - laptops is cold then on outside. And when I am putting heavy stress on the laptop, I remove also bottom cover, etc.

My Zalman ZM-NG2000 on half speed works quiet and looks pretty good. Temperature on CPU stay under 85.

I would recommend cooler master notepal. For about $20 you really can't beat its price and cooling power.