Recommended Cooling Pad for Y580?

Varron

• 2 weeks later...

I have used a few different ones, but one never seemed to cool better than another, I think as long as they provide airflow under the notebook that's about as good as you can get. It would be nice if we could get fan control in these (I have a SLI Y500). I know the fans can move more air than they do, and there is a way to control them because Lenovo's own software can ramp up the fan speeds to "clean" the fans out, but I haven't yet seen a way to control them. That being said, I use this Belkin one being it is smaller than the laptop, as I have limited desk space.

Amazon.com: Belkin CoolSpot F5L055-BLK Laptop Cooling Pad (Black): Electronics

This is not going to cool well. The fan in the middle if going to have little effect on the temps of a Y580. You need a bigger fan like NotePal X3 if you want 1 fan.

YMMV. I have used the NotePal U3 and the X Lite, and I saw no difference in temps, just in noise level. The only difference I've noticed in temps is not using a cooling pad at all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I use cooler master u3. I like to use it without fans for daily use - as its all metal with round holes it really helps with passive air circulation, also I use it to carry the laptop through the meetings. Then when I am putting some medium stress on computer, I just put the 3 fans under cpu, gpu, etc, and turn them on - laptops is cold then on outside. And when I am putting heavy stress on the laptop, I remove also bottom cover, etc.