Clevo P150EM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX problem

mdkeil

Hi,

I have the NB (Schenker XMG P502 PRO) already almost a year and I like it, but it has a little "quirk" anyway. If I have been playing games (eg SC 2 or D3), there is the phenomenon that after some time FPS dips are recorded and the NVidia drivers (no matter which) crashes and resets itself or the OS in hanging up. My guess is that it either has to do with the Optimus technology or there are problems with the p-states-chanes. Temperature all the time is ok (~ 65 degrees max during 3D games). The problem can only be solved, if I assign a solid P-State (atm P5 with original chip / Ram-Clock) with nvidia inspector. After gaming I change it back to idle mode manually (P8). And that's no fun ;D, so I am looking for solutions; D. Maybe someone has ideas.

equipment:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 4096MB GDDR5

Intel Core i7-3740QM - 2,70 - 3,70GHz 6MB 45W

16GB (4x4096) SO-DIMM DDR3 RAM 1600MHz Crucial

Samsung SSD 840 250 GB

• 1 month later...
There may be a problem already in the video chip ? if resets the driver this is a clear sign of malfunction.

Not necessary! To be shure just do a try without overclock! I too have this reset problem with overclock, just put the freqs not as high!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

The problem can only be solved, if I assign a solid P-State (atm P5 with original chip / Ram-Clock) with nvidia inspector.

Could you please tell us at which speeds you overclocked your card? If the frequencies are too high this may be the cause, had same problem on an over-overclocked nvidia desktop graphics card.